• Start date
  • Views 1,505
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
upload_2021-2-9_20-57-12.jpeg

Electronic Arts announced the acquisition of mobile game developer Glu Mobile for $2.4 billion to push their mobile gaming offerings.
Glu Mobile´s titles are mostly free-to-play games with microtransactions, which is a business model EA previously said it wants to keep pursuing.
Under the terms of the agreement, EA will acquire Glu for $2.1 billion in enterprise value. Glu stockholders will receive $12.50 in cash for each share of Glu stock, representing a 36% premium to Glu’s closing share price on February 5, 2021.
“Our acquisition of Glu combines amazing teams and deeply-engaging products to create a mobile games leader with proven expertise across many fast-growing genres, said Andrew Wilson, CEO of Electronic Arts.
Mobile continues to grow as the biggest gaming platform in the world, and with the addition of Glu’s games and talent, we’re doubling the size of our mobile business.
With a deep IP portfolio and an expanding global audience, we’ll deliver more exciting experiences for our players and drive further growth for Electronic Arts.
This transaction is the culmination of the tremendous work of the Glu team to deliver world-class interactive experiences for our players, while driving business momentum that has led to strong financial and operational results.
It represents a terrific outcome for all of our stockholders and other key constituents, said Nick Earl, CEO of Glu.
As part of Electronic Arts, we will continue capitalizing on the opportunities ahead in the expanding mobile gaming industry.”

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2.1 billion? Wow. Had heard of a few of their games, and looking at their history they have a few more from companies that went on to become them. Didn't know they were doing that much though.

Also I find it amusing that as massively overvalued as we thought codemasters was then they were only 1.2 billion. Respawn Entertainment were scarcely north of 300 million as well.

Was about 10 years ago that EA bought Popcap (Plants vs Zombies and Bejeweled) too. Guess they need some more to run into the ground.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
who the hell is glu and what did they do?
They make amazing phone games like Britney Spears American Dream and Kim Kardashians Hollywood oh and let's not forget the awesomeness of Gordon Ramsey's Dinner Dash :rofl2:

Seriously though all their games are shit.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cant kill a company if they were already shitty
EA accepts your challenge.

Were this a cheesy film and you had coughed out a line like "my whole life is suffering, what are you going to be able to do" then *cut to super close up, maybe shadowed and doing some arsehole behaviour (munching dinner, cigarette, cat's cradle, twirling pen...)* "oh we have our methods".
Equally I don't know how many people are still at the company from the GB/GBC eras when they did some stuff almost of merit, not to mention you can spend your days making games that arcade owners of old would say "bit strong on the money grabbing there" and be happy, at least until EA comes in and says make more of that and make it faster.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/2VSGYf0.mp4