E3 + G4= 3 Years of Insanity

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Messages
1,379
Trophies
0
Location
Inside you, all around you
XP
1,490
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I hope you like Kevin Pereira and Adam Sessler because if you're not at E3 you'll be watching them on TV next year. If you're not into the Sess and Kev dream team you'd better keep your internet bill paid because G4 will have exclusive television rights for the next 3 years.

G4 will be offering uninterrupted press conference coverage.
source http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/29/g4-signs...r-e3-tv-rights/

Seriously why cant G4 die, id rather watch it online maybe
 

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
18,148
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
The Danger Zone
XP
10,228
Country
United States
Watching E3 is so boring, you're better off waiting for the news to be transcribed onto other sites or just getting the video offline later. Obsessing over seeing it live is stupid. Seriously, people have better things to do than watch through 72 hours of live TV to see all of maybe 4-5 conferences.
 

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
6,258
Trophies
2
Age
38
Location
Hiatus Hell
Website
yourmom.com
XP
4,637
Country
Djibouti
I usually just watch it on streaming sites. Besides G4 was just dropped by Direct TV. I'm sure Dish network and others aren't far behind.

Eat a dick for killing TechTV, G4.
 

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
2,617
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
Vancouver, B.C
Website
Visit site
XP
880
Country
Canada
Why do people hate G4?
unsure.gif

It has the most synced E3 imho.
 

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
6,463
Trophies
1
Age
33
Website
Visit site
XP
2,511
Country
QUOTE said:
G4 will have exclusive television rights

The FUCK? Why the hell would E3 do that when the important part is announcing products and generating hype!?
You don't even get G4 outside the USA.
TV Exclusivity doesn't mean places like Gamespot won't be streaming online, right?
 

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
2,617
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
Vancouver, B.C
Website
Visit site
XP
880
Country
Canada
TwinRetro said:
Vidboy10 said:
Why do people hate G4?
unsure.gif

It has the most synced E3 imho.

with cutaways to a bunch of commentary bullshit from Sessler and Webb
What the hell are you talking about?
XPlay is an awesome show.

Even though I will admit, G4 has been showing shows that shouldn't even be on G4, I mean, The Office? REALLY?!?
 

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
9,100
Trophies
1
Age
35
Website
Visit site
XP
2,989
Country
United States
I'm confused. Does this mean the press conferences won't be streaming online like previous years, or does this just cover the 72 hours of the show floor?
 

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,511
Trophies
1
Age
32
Location
middleofnowhere, AL
XP
1,313
Country
United States
i remember a time when TechTV and The Screen Savers made my day, but then g4tv came along and all that went away, sure xplay was still good for a while but it slowly turned to shit and it doesn't mater if you have 1 good show and the rest is a flaming pile of cow dung.
fuck you SpikeTV junior, with your cops, cheaters, and 99.9% programming that is in no way tv for gamers, fuck you to hell with a bag of dicks!
 

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
3,336
Trophies
0
XP
1,044
Country
Albania
Guild McCommunist said:
Watching E3 is so boring, you're better off waiting for the news to be transcribed onto other sites or just getting the video offline later. Obsessing over seeing it live is stupid. Seriously, people have better things to do than watch through 72 hours of live TV to see all of maybe 4-5 conferences.
There's always a dramatic buildup at E3, plus you get to be the very first of the general public to hear the official announcements. Sifting through a dozen odd E3 articles the next day doesn't feel the same at all.
 

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Joined
May 21, 2009
Messages
2,242
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Virginia
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
95
Country
United States
Midna said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Watching E3 is so boring, you're better off waiting for the news to be transcribed onto other sites or just getting the video offline later. Obsessing over seeing it live is stupid. Seriously, people have better things to do than watch through 72 hours of live TV to see all of maybe 4-5 conferences.
There's always a dramatic buildup at E3, plus you get to be the very first of the general public to hear the official announcements. Sifting through a dozen odd E3 articles the next day doesn't feel the same at all.

No kidding...when I heard the DK music playing when DKCR was announced, I got incredibly giddy and a smile just spread across my previously lifeless face.
 

ecko

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
292
Trophies
0
XP
312
Country
United Kingdom
Vidboy10 said:
TwinRetro said:
Vidboy10 said:
Why do people hate G4?
unsure.gif

It has the most synced E3 imho.

with cutaways to a bunch of commentary bullshit from Sessler and Webb
What the hell are you talking about?
XPlay is an awesome show.

Even though I will admit, G4 has been showing shows that shouldn't even be on G4, I mean, The Office? REALLY?!?
or cops the whole day.
cops-cops-cops-cops-semi-good program-cops-cops-cheaters-cheaters.

heh, techtv was way better
 

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
12,712
Trophies
2
Age
34
XP
6,917
Country
United States
I just stop in for E3 on their channel, so I have no problem with this

I used to watch x-play but then they changed the format, I dont even know when they are on much less when new eps air...
 

ecko

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
292
Trophies
0
XP
312
Country
United Kingdom
Vidboy10 said:
What the hell are you guys talking about Cops-like shows on G4?
All I got ROTR, XPlay, AOTS, EP Dailey, and shows from Adult Swim.

:l
then again the last time i tuned in on g4 was months ago, so the program lineup might have changed
tongue.gif
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    while i simply make stinkbombs with pingpong balls
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    cops got called while suspecting arson ,c'mon

    :rofl:
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I stole their bag of Halloween candy last year and the parents said stop being a little bitch and go get it
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    is it still trick and treat? or steal and cheat?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I think it's like trick or get kidnapped these days
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Stealing is treating
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    honestly, i find lots of kids nowadays like devils that need to be locked up forever
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Blame the kind of music that's affecting them
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Issue is we got beat as kids now days it's prison if you flick their head
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    and here i thought they were lacking brain supplements
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    no sheet
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    seeing brats simply calling the cops on the parents just cus they dont wanna do homework or take a friggin bath tsk
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    You can't blame technology or what they do it's how they're raised
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having ''smart tech'' dont always make someone smarter
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    you can blame alexa for teaching weird shit
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Kids are smart or they would get away with what they do
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    we're all taught in school to cheat
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    cheat while not getting caught is not a crime
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    If a kid doesn't have the right sponge to learn from then that's what they imitate
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like my old man who had like 10 flings he brought home and demanding i call them mum the following day
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    is that the current free game?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Ye
    K3N1 @ K3N1: https://youtube.com/shorts/STu5S3NWaYo?feature=share