DWI DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Blaze163, Jul 16, 2009.

Jul 16, 2009

DWI DS? by Blaze163 at 10:16 PM (852 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Anyone ever heard of the Dance Dance Revolution (AKA Dancing Stage) emulator for PC called Dance With Intensity? Well I was thinking. Exactly how would one go about creating a version of this game that can be played on the DS? One of my best friends is a mad DDR nut, plays it constantly, but it'd be nice if she could take it around in her pocket. It seems like a good idea since DWI has hundreds of songs and gets updated with more all the time, so you could just add in new tracks whenever you wanted (memory space allowing of course). I admit that since the touch screen is unable to accept multiple inputs adding touch screen controls wouldn't be quite so essential since there'd be no way of hitting the double steps, but there's no reason why it couldn't be played using the D-pad and face buttons, just like playing the console games using the pad. There's little reason to actually alter the existing game, just make it compatable with the DS. There are portable Guitar Hero and Rock Band games, but no DDR aside from a few ancient Gameboy games and a very questionable attempt called Dance Stage on the DS which really did suck.

Yeah, it's not the best idea but all I want to know is

A) In the words of Emperor Palpatine, 'Can it be done?'

B) How could a total newb like me make any contribution to this project should it begin?

2. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    TWEWY-style: play with the stylus in one hand, then use either the buttons or D-pad depending if ur left or right handed

3. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
  4. Dizzy Doom

Newcomer Dizzy Doom Advanced Member

United States
    Either the above or DsDsRevolution, both are good for playing stepmania songs, but I kinda prefer DsDsRevolution.

5. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    brutal. most of the DWI downloads come with the stepmania files as well anyway. Now I gotta go buy a new microSD card to free up some room for the hundreds of tracks I'll be adding to this. Thanks for your help everyone.