ast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I searched the forums for this but could not find any help, If there is already a solution to my problem please link to it, thanks.

I have a 4.0e Wii with a Wiikey 1 installed, HBC and BootMii as boot2. Anything works fine.
As my DVD Player died last week I wanted to check the DVD features of mplayer_ce earlier today. I know I had to install DVDX for this and I knew there were some issues with DVDX and old modchips like mine. Wibrew Wiki suggests to install patchmii_core to circumvent this but only for system menu 3.x. At 4.0 it just says install via hackmii installer.
Here is what I get: It doesn't matter if I do install DVDX via hackmii installer or not, I can not play DVDs. When I am in the DVD menu I can see "Play DVD", "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2" etc but I don't even know if thats from my DVD or if mplayer displays those entries anyway. So here is the big question, what can I do? Should I install patchmii_core and then DVDX from hackmii installer or is there some other thing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

regards, ast

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
there is a patchmii version for 253 i remember, it is somewhere on the forum, but i dont really know where, try the search button

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively, the old DVDX installer with the PatchMii and Advanced install options should work assuming you have trucha-bugged IOS's in your system. I know that it works on mine and I updated to 4.0 with Waninkoko's app.

But since BootMii-IOS now sits in IOS254 you'd have to install DVDX elsewhere. Installing Hermes' cIOS to IOS202 and then putting DVDX there should work nicely. The necessary links for that are in mPlayer CE's page.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
are you using the latest MPlayer_CE, and just press A on the first option wich is PLAY ALL or something, do not choose by chapters, it has never worked for me, just use the first option at the top, and last: this question should be on the homebrew apps section
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu