Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this and nearly wet myself, first Syndicate now EA brings back another Bullfrog classic...but its only for China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau. Water recedes back into me
frown.gif

Linky

"HONG KONG, Dec. 1 /PRNewswire-Asia/ — NetDragon Websoft Inc., a leading game developer and operator in the People's Republic of China ("NetDragon" or the "Company", with its subsidiary collectively know as the "Group"; Hong Kong stock code: 777) announced a new licensing agreement with Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS; "EA") on the development of the Group's first 3D massively multi-player online role playing game (MMORPG) based on Electronic Arts' "Dungeon Keeper?" line of games — including themes, characters and other game content. As part of this agreement, NetDragon will develop the game and obtains the exclusive license to operate and distribute Dungeon Keeper Online throughout the Greater China region, including Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau.

"We are delighted to enter into an agreement with EA in the development of our first 3D MMORPG. Our partnership with this internationally renowned game developer is proof of our capabilities in game operations and development as well as a reflection of our market reputation," said Mr. Liu Dejian, Chairman and Executive Director of NetDragon on a Kotaku press release. "Capitalizing our strength to create a strong gaming experience, powerful operating platform and unmatched expertise within China's online game market, we are confident that Dungeon Keeper Online will not only become successful in the Greater China region but also achieve remarkable results overseas."

Jon Niermann, President of EA Asia Pacific said, "The partnership marks a significant milestone for EA as it will enhance our intellectual property and extend our product reach throughout the Greater China region. It will also further enhance our intellectual property with differentiated, high-quality games, particularly in the field of MMORPGs.""

So Western gamers have to hope that this is either a really bad game or that EA decided to release it over here.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not if Gamenao can help it!
they are currently experimenting translations they litteraly gonna translate online games and private host them lol
tongue.gif

but dont bet your horses on it but be highly appreciative because they are good.
they are translating Dungeon and Fighters themselves currently
hopefully the host has highly interest to translate this game

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Is Dungeon Keeper a big hit on China!?? Never heard of that..

Doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, it's EA so you shouldn't expect much.. if Lionhead was working on it something good could come out of this :/

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:

Doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, it's EA so you shouldn't expect much.. if Lionhead was working on it something good could come out of this :/
OMG it's an amazing game you should try and get yourself a copy (Dk2 works with xp)
it's thoroughly addictive as games go you have to build dungeons and get monsters to come to you and then get the spiders to not eat the flies etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Keeper

this would really work on the ds IMO

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Shelleeson said:
CockroachMan said:

Doesn't make any sense.

OMG it's an amazing game you should try and get yourself a copy (Dk2 works with xp)
it's thoroughly addictive as games go you have to build dungeons and get monsters to come to you and then get the spiders to not eat the flies etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Keeper

this would really work on the ds IMO

I've heard about it.. I never heard about it being a success in China
tongue.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
I've heard about it.. I never heard about it being a success in China
tongue.gif
phew thank god for that i thought i was going to have to go round calling you n00b for a while
rofl2.gif

i really don't get how they would just not bring it out world wide it just doesn't make sense
mad.gif

*gets on soapbox*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts