unsure.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be here by Wednesday night. The PSP game was rotten though so I'm worried (look at previous PSP/DS games that were developed at the same time by the same people and you'll see why). Fingers crossed that it'll be a goodie.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hadrian, there was another game like Orcs & Elves but with like 25 hours of gameplay, was it this game? I think not since this one looks more like Diablo.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian, there was another game like Orcs & Elves but with like 25 hours of gameplay, was it this game? I think not since this one looks more like Diablo.

I believe you're thinking of Etrian Odyssey.

As for Dungeon Explorer......I'll definitely be giving this a look. I wasn't impressed with Diablo, but on a handheld, it may appeal to me more.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran

As for Dungeon Explorer......I'll definitely be giving this a look. I wasn't impressed with Diablo, but on a handheld, it may appeal to me more.

Thanks Rayder but I think it was something that yet to be released.

BTW, is there something like Orcs & Elves or Etrian Odyssey but without party and just single player? like the way Orcs & Elves is, single player party.
I loved the fast pace action (or atleast that was the way I played it) of Orcs & Elves but this thing is what Etrian Odyssey doesnt have. (party fighting in turn based is boooring)

I recall in one of Hadrian's famouse topics he mentioned a game that was similiar to Orcs & Elves, wonder what was it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried some of the Japanese version, and I liked it. But if you didn't enjoy Diablo, chances are you wont' enjoy this game -- it's almost identical, even down to the armor / weapon interface. That said, I'm looking forward to the English version, since I loved the heck out of Diablo I & II (and its expansion).

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This better not be gaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

So you're exoecting grown men to have sex with each other during the FMV's?

If there aren't, I'm not sure I'll bother with this game.

Etrian odessey has a different difficulty level then orcs and elves though. Etrian felt like a long, slow grind, whereas orcs and elves is somewhat faster and thus more enjoyable. I think anyway. If this game is anything like Diablo I won't complain.
smile.gif

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks Rayder but I think it was something that yet to be released.

BTW, is there something like Orcs & Elves or Etrian Odyssey but without party and just single player? like the way Orcs & Elves is, single player party.
I loved the fast pace action (or atleast that was the way I played it) of Orcs & Elves but this thing is what Etrian Odyssey doesnt have. (party fighting in turn based is boooring)

I recall in one of Hadrian's famouse topics he mentioned a game that was similiar to Orcs & Elves, wonder what was it.

Deep Labyrinth maybe? it's somewhat like orcs & elves, and it's even more action oriented, I didn't liked it much though

As for dungeon explorer I dunno, someone else on the thread said the psp version was shit, I see absolutely no way of the ds version doing any better, but who knows.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Umm maybe a longshot here and I'm not sure I have the name right but about 2 years ago something called Deep Labyrinth came out. It was all stylus based, and 3D like Orcs & Elves. You had to attack, etc everything with the stylus, some 3D beasts spanned both screens, and you could draw out spells or slash the sword certain ways to strike. It's got like a light bluish type box, and it's like $15 at retail now used.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Umm maybe a longshot here and I'm not sure I have the name right but about 2 years ago something called Deep Labyrinth came out. It was all stylus based, and 3D like Orcs & Elves. You had to attack, etc everything with the stylus, some 3D beasts spanned both screens, and you could draw out spells or slash the sword certain ways to strike. It's got like a light bluish type box, and it's like $15 at retail now used.

You forgot to mention it's not fun.

RvLeshrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP and DS versions of DE are both great. Not sure what people find distasteful about them. The gameplay is a bit repetitive, but that didn't stop people from raving about Dungeon Siege: ToA or any of the other button-masher ARPGs on the PSP.

They aren't Morrowind, but what were you expecting? It isn't like Dungeon Explorer was the pinnacle of gaming innovation or design when it was first released, either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi