Dumping My Cooking Coach?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by KazoWAR, Mar 18, 2011.

Mar 18, 2011

Dumping My Cooking Coach? by KazoWAR at 5:40 PM (1,036 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. KazoWAR
    OP

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    What do you use to dump My Cooking Coach to use when making the DSi bootstrap?

2. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    Unfortunately you can't dump it. Several release groups have their own private tools for dumping DSi games but they haven't revealed how to make them. So you'll have to pirate it.

3. KazoWAR
    OP

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Well, isn't that ironic.

4. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    Try to use a regular DS dumper, because the bootstrap does not seem to need the DSi specific region to work...

On my Cyclo Ievo I used the french version of "My Cooking Coach" (which is needed to create the euro bootstrap), it worked but when I tried the game on the Ievo it said that it doesn't have the DSi specific section of the rom.

And the DSi mode actually works perfectly for every other games/homebrew.

5. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    This is something that I've been wondering too. What does the iEvo actually need from the rom file to make it work is something pretty weird. We'll probably not get any new info about it but hopefully they do tell us if it needs to be a certain CRC (at least proper DS part, but possibly certain parts of the DSi?).

-Qtis

6. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    It does need the DSi part of the rom. The reason it says the french version of My Cooking Coach(and a few others if I recall correctly) doesn't have the DSi specific section is because DSi mode on the iEvo is in beta and is bound to have some bugs.