Hacking Dumping a wii game with the wii U or vWii

Slegiar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hokay, maybe i'm blind or just not managing my search optimizing properly, but are there any tips out there for ripping an iso for a Wii game, via the Wii u or vWii on the wii u?

My Wii U is all set up for homebrew and stuff, and while Wii u games are easy with disc2app to than install with the manager, I know I need to set up wii or gamecube ISOs via tecoonmoons wiiVC forwarding injector.

Now while I do have a homebrewed wii that I could probably easily do this with, I haven't booted the thing up in ages because of primarily using the Wii u, and so I want to make things easier for myself by having the wii u set up to do what's needed if I want to add more wii games, which i'm getting ready to do, but haven't had to do in a while ^^;;

So basically, can something like Cleanrip run properly on the vWii for a wii backup? i know gamecube stuff is a bit harder, but i'm just focused on wii discs for now.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hokay, maybe i'm blind or just not managing my search optimizing properly, but are there any tips out there for ripping an iso for a Wii game, via the Wii u or vWii on the wii u?

My Wii U is all set up for homebrew and stuff, and while Wii u games are easy with disc2app to than install with the manager, I know I need to set up wii or gamecube ISOs via tecoonmoons wiiVC forwarding injector.

Now while I do have a homebrewed wii that I could probably easily do this with, I haven't booted the thing up in ages because of primarily using the Wii u, and so I want to make things easier for myself by having the wii u set up to do what's needed if I want to add more wii games, which i'm getting ready to do, but haven't had to do in a while ^^;;

So basically, can something like Cleanrip run properly on the vWii for a wii backup? i know gamecube stuff is a bit harder, but i'm just focused on wii discs for now.

Pretty sure USBLoaderGX has an option to rip disc.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

If you are using the USBLoader GX (or WiiFlow or Configurable USB Loader) you can install/dump Wii Games and also GameCube Games to your SD Card or USB "Device".:)

You said,you have a modded Wii,so it is maybe the "better" Solution to use it with CLEANRIP.
You can use then,of course,the same HDD with Wii/Gamecube Games on the Wii and the Wii U vWii Mode.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: BaamAlex

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I was going to suggest clean rip. make sure it's using ios 58. I didn't know it could do wii games, just cube ones from my experience.

Funny,it is counterwise,Cleanrip works on the vWii with Wii Games but not with GameCube Games.:rofl2:
Because the Wii U Drive can not read Gamecube Games.

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: BaamAlex

Slegiar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

If you are using the USBLoader GX (or WiiFlow or Configurable USB Loader) you can install/dump Wii Games and also GameCube Games to your SD Card or USB "Device".:)

You said,you have a modded Wii,so it is maybe the "better" Solution to use it with CLEANRIP.
You can use then,of course,the same HDD with Wii/Gamecube Games on the Wii and the Wii U vWii Mode.

Thank you.:)

So i checked things out. bear in mind it's been a while since i set everything up, and my tendency with mods and stuff is to get as much set up as I can during the initial phases of hombrewing and cleanup and everything, and than have the setup be pretty much stable from then on, with things being easy enough to add new ones to (disk2app and tecoonmoons injector) without needing to tinker too much.

for a little more info, i have things set up so everything is installed to a 2TB external hard drive, with a 64gb SDXC card handing all the homebrew installs and required files and stuff. i've got the system set up with Coldboot, again, primarily to not have to tinker.

however. apparently while I installed USBLoader GX (dunno about WiiFlow or Configurable USB Loader, i'd have to go check again), i seemingly didn't set things up properly for it to use the hard drive right, probably, if i had to past-guess myself, i either set up a partition for the wii side of things because of the forwarders working properly from the WII u menu, or something else, i dunno. regardless, i tried "installing" a game with the Loader GX and it couldn't find the hard drive properly. so, i dunno ^^;;

some other posters said Cleanrip apparently works on vWii for wii games, just not gamecube games cause of incompatible drive, so i'll try that and see what happens. as for the Loader GX, well, probably something i'll need to tinker with later i guess XD

Reactions: Alexander1970

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i checked things out. bear in mind it's been a while since i set everything up, and my tendency with mods and stuff is to get as much set up as I can during the initial phases of hombrewing and cleanup and everything, and than have the setup be pretty much stable from then on, with things being easy enough to add new ones to (disk2app and tecoonmoons injector) without needing to tinker too much.

for a little more info, i have things set up so everything is installed to a 2TB external hard drive, with a 64gb SDXC card handing all the homebrew installs and required files and stuff. i've got the system set up with Coldboot, again, primarily to not have to tinker.

however. apparently while I installed USBLoader GX (dunno about WiiFlow or Configurable USB Loader, i'd have to go check again), i seemingly didn't set things up properly for it to use the hard drive right, probably, if i had to past-guess myself, i either set up a partition for the wii side of things because of the forwarders working properly from the WII u menu, or something else, i dunno. regardless, i tried "installing" a game with the Loader GX and it couldn't find the hard drive properly. so, i dunno ^^;;

some other posters said Cleanrip apparently works on vWii for wii games, just not gamecube games cause of incompatible drive, so i'll try that and see what happens. as for the Loader GX, well, probably something i'll need to tinker with later i guess XD

Fat 32 with MBR is all you need for USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: And your own @SylverReZ