• Replies 45
  • Likes 4

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello all, as you know 3ds meet her end.
And many spotpass share servers was dead even before it happen.
So there no way to get any more SPD for some games.
So I create on reddit "r/SpotPass3DS" channel for backup purposes.
Pls join and share what you got

I added 5 SPD for Devil Survior 2 (EUR) - should work with USA too.
Add Fire Emblem Awakining (compleat SPD)
That's all what I have

Let's here create a list what games got SPD and what it was.

ACNL still apparently registers it as a "SpotPass" notification if someone visits your town via the Dream Suite, in the sense that you get a blue notification dot on your Home screen

Upload game's Save data (for Achievements and to transfer to For the Sequel) and your Friend Summon data; download Achievement Gifts and other people's Friend Summons

Upload your Friend Summon; download other people's Friend Summon, get Achievement Gifts, and receive Nemesis from both Square Enix and other players.

You can receive a brand new costumes.

In addition, every day for a week will bring new downloadable content in the form of more costumes and Throwdown matches, with 34 due between May 20th and June 22nd and a second opportunity to grab them between June 24th and July 27th. Here's the schedule for the following week:

20/5: Kasumi
21/5: Ayane
22/5: Kokoro
23/5: Leifang
24/5: Tina
25/5: La Mariposa
26/5: Hitomi

Notification of updates for new Manga and first-chapter samples

SpotPass is employed to deliver unique characters, items, paralogue chapters and other facilities. Data obtained through SpotPass transmission is collected by checking the game's Bonus Box, from which the player can manually choose to load each set of content into a save file.

• Sharing customized Profile Cards with your 3DS Friends

Notification of updates for new books and book samples

Items, food, fairys

Gives New SpotPass Weapons Every Day

Upload your Ghost Race and download other Ghost Races/challenge other players

Notifies you of new posts

If you have enabled SpotPass then you should have received your first update to let you know how many coins have been collected by Mario fans globally.

Download various videos

• In Pokédex 3D, Pokémon are distributed at random, three per day to each player while the 3DS is in sleep mode or while playing certain games. Scanning an AR Marker increases the likelihood of a Pokémon appearing.

In game press update button to get events with new challenges and puzzles (change every week, I think... or every day xD)
  • In Pokémon Shuffle, SpotPass functionality allows for news on updates to be sent automatically to the 3DS.

The Pokémon Tretta Lab Main System utility has got various features which rely upon the data of the Pokémon Tretta pucks. As new sets are released every 2 to 3 months, the game has to be updated in order to be able to both read the pucks, and provide information about them.

In the Type Checker, you have the ability to check the details and bring up dozens of Tretta which you may not have yet obtained or scanned. Also, in Challenge Battle, you face off against various Pokémon from these various sets in order to win.

To opt into the SpotPass notifications, there is an option in the main menu for you to opt in or out of it. Should you opt in, that's all you need to do. When the new data is sent, you will receive a blue SpotPass notification onto the game's icon on the home screen.

Get Holocaster updates
  • Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire receive SpotPass data such as notifications when connected to the internet.
  • The Holo Caster, accessed in the PSS, can be used to receive special news bulletins about events, tournaments, and receive special distributions from participating stores and event locations.

• Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire receive SpotPass data such as notifications when connected to the internet.
  • The PSS section of the PlayNav continues to receive SpotPass updates without the Holo Caster.

Notifications of updates

There are 5 packs of them. 4 demon fusion and 1 add-on skill (for USA\EUR). Here list of them:
-Fusion pack 1 - Fallen Dantalian, Touki Momunofu. Megami Ishtar, Fairy Troll, Fairy Spriggan, Avian Kau
-Fusion pack 2 - Tyrant Lucifer Frost, Divine Dominion, Jaki Dokkaebi, Genma Roltschaggata, Wilder Catoblepas, Kishin Okuninushi
-Fusion pack 3 - Vile Seth, Drake Fafnir, Tyrant Lucifuge, Megami Black maria, Touki Ongyo-ki, Beast Cabracan
-Fusion pack 4 - Fiend Mother hariot, Avian Rukh, Femme Jahi, Haunt Macabre, Divine Suraosha, Snake Yurlungur
-The last is add-ons content. I think it has 4 Add-ons skill.

Japanese 3DS game got 3 more SPD for a limited time, Celty Sturluson, Shizuo Heiwajima, and Izaya Orihara were available for download in the game via SpotPass.
-Izaya was available via download between January 29 and February 4, 2015. He appears in the second half of the collaboration event requesting a "knife of this world" as well as a "snack with personality." Upon being given these things, he provides players with the Shady Informant's Knife.
-Shizuo was available for download from February 5-11, 2015. Upon completing various quests for him, players can receive Ikebukuro's Strongest Man Sign, a melee weapon shaped like an uprooted street sign. Shizuo's outfit can also be acquired by the player and grants them a unique skill.
-Celty was available for download from February 12-18, 2015. She appears early on in the collaboration event. After players bring her various fairy demons, they can receive the Headless Rider's PDA COMP. Her outfit can also be acquired with the helmet unequipped, and female players wearing the outfit appear headless.

Only can be gained by save edit for now:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/devil-s...n-durarara-characters-by-save-editing.469786/

Receive updates and new Puzzles

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

Send/receive Notes from Friends and Nikki, as well as from Nintendo about upcoming games)
Discontinued until further notice

Item, clothes & updates

Seems to have no SpotPass functionality?:
Kirby: Planet Robobot
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Super Mario 3D Land
Sonic Generations
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Last edited by k7ra,

Serph-DDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wow that is great idea, fair play for keeping the files available.

Where do you put the files on the 3ds to use them?

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Wow that is great idea, fair play for keeping the files available.

Where do you put the files on the 3ds to use them?
I write instruction on reddit, well here it is :D :
To backup(dump) spotpass data you need access to "FBI" hombrew.

There you would see "Ext Save Data", go there.

There would be a list with all what you have, pick a game (Devil Survior 2 for example)

Next you would see "Browse SpotPass Save Data (That's where a spotpass data saved).

Let's enter and we need all folders that's you find here.

Press "A" on "<current directory>", choose "Copy all contents".

Now we need go to where to paste it. Press "B" few times to get in root.

Choose "SD", we need a folder to where we would copy all our spotpass data (Better create a folder for each game that we saw in "Ext Save Data"(Or what we want to backup) like SD/SpotPass/(Gamename).

Go to folder, choose "<current directory>" and "Paste".

Done! Our spot pass backuped!

Now transfer it to pc, zip it with winrar and share!

Name format would be "Game name (Region)"

Like "Devil Survior 2 (USA)".

Would be great if you go to masseges and make a photo of your spotpass info too.

To add it on your 3ds: Run game, make a save, then copy shared spotpass data to "Ext Save Data" in game that you want.
To restore copy SPD files with "FBI" to "Ext Save Data"\"GAMENAME"\
*Some SPD was saved as user data (Dead or Alive after obtaining, Miiverse (mii characters) for example)

Sadly I have SPD for 4 games.
Shared full SPD for SMT: DS2CB (EUR\USA) and FE: A (All regions?).
Have last one for Samurai Warriors Chronicles (Can be get even now)
And last SPD for Hyrule Warriors Legends (Can be get now too)
So I not shared them
Hope ppl would share theirs, so we would not lost them with time...

One more thing, SPD can be faked(custom created) if we understand how they call in game commands for items. But I want collect legit ones

Last edited by k7ra,
Reactions: Serph-DDS

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like this idea, especially since there is a similar archive for StreetPass data.

But I don't fully understand SpotPass. Is there anything that can't be done via .CIA?

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I like this idea, especially since there is a similar archive for StreetPass data.

But I don't fully understand SpotPass. Is there anything that can't be done via .CIA?
Now, I'm not understand your question.
I would say yes, but many things can be done with it

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Are you not aware there is already a project like this?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/streetpass-2-rise-from-the-ashes.526749/

Or is this data supposed to be different from StreetPass data?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpotPass_and_StreetPass
Even a name is different
Streetpass share your info with other 3ds when you meat them.
Spotpass share game\info data from internet when you online and unlock game\app content.

Thanks to milescreations on reddit, we got some SPD for Swapdoodle and Swapnote!

Last edited by k7ra,
Reactions: MilesTheCreator

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fair enough. It just seems a little odd to consider this separately from StreetPass data.

For Animal Crossing: New Leaf, there were a couple of occasions when Nintendo distributed letters with items via SpotPass. I doubt the original SpotPass data has been preserved, but someone has probably kept track of the contents of the letters. I also seem to recall reading about an editor for ACNL SpotPass data, so it could probably be replicated.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fair enough. It just seems a little odd to consider this separately from StreetPass data.

For Animal Crossing: New Leaf, there were a couple of occasions when Nintendo distributed letters with items via SpotPass. I doubt the original SpotPass data has been preserved, but someone has probably kept track of the contents of the letters. I also seem to recall reading about an editor for ACNL SpotPass data, so it could probably be replicated.
I have not, but i do know theres been festive xmas trees and some 7-11 items which were spotpass only items that got sent around. I havent kept much with other spotpass type stuff for it.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I should add that ACNL still apparently registers it as a "SpotPass" notification if someone visits your town via the Dream Suite, in the sense that you get a blue notification dot on your Home screen

Reactions: lone_wolf323

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I should add that ACNL still apparently registers it as a "SpotPass" notification if someone visits your town via the Dream Suite, in the sense that you get a blue notification dot on your Home screen
Add info about it :D

chainswordcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a comprehensive list of SpotPass games' details that aren't yet mentioned in the first post...
  1. Animal Crossing New Leaf
  2. Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
    • Sharing customized Profile Cards with your 3DS Friends
  3. Kirby Planet Robobot seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
  4. Kirby Triple Deluxe seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
  5. Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
    • The Holo Caster can receive special news bulletins about events and tournaments. The player also receives special distributions from some stores and event locations(???)
    • In OR/AS, the Holo Caster doesn't exist, but the PSS still receives applicable SpotPass updates(???)
    • (side note: I am a huge Pokemon fan and I have no idea what this is)
    • See: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SpotPass
  6. Pokemon Shuffle and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  7. Pokedex 3D (Not Pokedex 3D Pro)
  8. Pokemon Rumble World
    • Mii avatars of people on the player's friend list will visit, and can drop currency under certain circumstances. Also, the player receives rewards in the form of currency when hitting SpotPass hit milestones.
    • See: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SpotPass
  9. Sonic Generations seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
  10. Super Mario 3D Land seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
  11. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
  12. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
I realize in retrospect that perhaps the data obtained in certain ways (like through a StreetPass relay) may show up as a blue notification. Maybe that's why titles like Kirby, Mario, and Sonic are on this list. But they do not have any functionality exclusive to SpotPass, as far as I am aware.

I will try to look through my multiple 3DS systems and dump whatever I can. For games which specifically have more important stuff locked behind SpotPass, like real free DLC, I will look into dumping more of my save data if I have any.

And here's a short list of the games that matter most:
  1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (exclusive items)
  2. Bravely Default Flying Fairy (maybe, dunno exactly)
  3. Bravely Default (probably)
  4. Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  5. Fire Emblem: Awakening (exclusive items etc)
  6. Mario Kart 7 (very maybe, just random ghosts. archiving every random ghost ever is an impossible task)
  7. Nintendo Video
  8. Pokedex 3D (would be nice, but Pokedex 3D Pro is basically a complete replacement)
  9. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (though we do have save-editing)
  10. StreetPass Mii Plaza (maybe)
  11. Swapnote
  12. Tomodachi Life (maybe)

chainswordcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already dumped what I could from my main console.

I'll hold off on uploading stuff until I hack one or two more consoles to dump their data for mainly Tomodachi Life and not much else.

I actually don't have much myself. Some Smash Bros. data or something, Fire Emblem Fates, a bit of StreetPass Mii Plaza whatever SpotPass data that has left...

Reactions: k7ra and Serph-DDS

chainswordcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh also, I believe Pokemon Art Academy has SpotPass functionality, but maybe only for sharing player-made artwork. Not entirely sure.

Anyway, yeah I was able to freshly hack a 3DS with relative ease but it required a bit of patience. I'll upload and archive what I have some time in the next few days, because I've had a busy day today haha

chainswordcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://archive.org/details/cs-spotpass-dumps

And there you go!

By the way this is all USA stuff. Included in this archive is some potentially major data for Animal Crossing New Leaf, Tomodachi Life, and StreetPass Mii Plaza. There is also more minor data for Fire Emblem Fates, Mario Kart 7, and Super Smash Bros.

I don't know if there is a way to see or use any of it in-game, I haven't done much testing (I wanted to dump and organize everything ASAP and then screw around).

Anyway, I will say I'm sitting on a tiny bit more data... I did a few probably unnecessary Checkpoint Ext-Data dumps near the beginning for sake of completeness, but stopped because it was a decent amount more work. Also, I have a small amount of SpotPass data for Nintendo Video (I actually have been unable to extract it) and for Nintendo Badge Arcade and IIRC some stuff about Themes and maybe a bit more? Not much data, not very important, I may dump it in the future if anyone really wants.

I will be maintaining (and possibly updating) this entry on Archive.org, I will post here when I do so. I'll also update info on Archive.org and on Reddit with use instructions if those get found out.

chainswordcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have a very small handful more stuff to archive. At the moment nothing big, but I may be able to get my hands on my friend's 3DS consoles to see what there is to dump on them.

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, I know that an earlier post explains how to backup SpotPass data, but first I have a question.

For some reason I just received a SpotPass notification for Tri Force Heroes, announcing the 2.1.0 update. This notification first went out almost 6 years ago.

It doesn't add any content to the game, it just explains that a manual update is available. But the notification may contain images or something besides plain text. (I haven't checked it yet; I'm keeping the blue dot alive.)

Is this the kind of thing that you guys would like to archive? Or are you mainly interested in game content added through SpotPass?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?