OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.linkmaster95.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i-SDHC v1.4 running 1.24b (flashcart firmware) on my DSi, and i've been trying to dump my saves from my original DS games using NDS backup tool and smallftp, buy whenever i take out the R4i when it tells me to, when i put the game card in, no matter which game, it keeps saying "the card in Slot-1 was not recognized. please pull out once and reinsert". Is there a tool I can use on my DSi to extract the save files? Or is there way to fix this issue? the games i've tried are:
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue team
Mario Kart DS
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story
New Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

I'll need this to work on the R4i ON DSi.

Thanks for all your help.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, the problem is the DSi.

You can't replace the cart on the slot-1 on the DSi "on the fly", there is a switch which detect this (this switch is used to detect when a new card is inserted on the DSi menu, and to prevent piracy).

You need a DS/DSlite in order to use this tool.

Or cheaper, buy a "NDS Adapter" (about 20$) or neoflash's "SMS 2" (49$ on the official neoflash shop).

NDS Adapter can't dump Pokemon Heartgold/soulsviver save without a modification, SMS 2 can.

SaddQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to hijack your topic, linkmaster, but the issue I have is that I can't even go into the rom backup mode of the NDS backup tool (v1.9).

Just like when running ExpLoader, I can switch between two modes only: PSRAM and NOR. No "Expansion Mode" (for ExpLoader) or "Rom Backup Mode" (for NBT) whatsoever. Oh, and I'm using the same flash card as you (R4i-SDHC), with the same firmware (1.24b).

How did you bypass the soft-reset requirement? I mean, an R4i with 1.24b firmware does NOT have a global soft-reset option meaning I can't run ExpLoader or NBT with soft-reset turned on. Therefore, I believe, I cannot access the rumble or expansion pack functions.

I need help!

SaddQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
worlok375 said:
SaddQ make your own thread don't steal someone else's.

Alright, will do! But don't tell me 'bout stickies or other old topics then. I'm not gonna search every single topic to find a possible answer.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-