Ducktales NES beta build discovered with unused prototype song in it

Even if you've never played Ducktales on the NES, or its remake, there's still a good chance you've heard one of the game's biggest legacies: the Moon Theme. And thanks to a new prototype build that was discovered and written about on The Cutting Room Floor, fans will be able to listen to a brand new-old track that never made it to the final build of the game. Dated February 5, 1989, the Ducktales beta cart dump predates the final release on the NES by around seven months, with quite a few changes and missing features, as they hadn't been developed yet. However, one thing that's exclusive to the prototype build is a song simply called Map. It sounds similar to the Stage Select theme from the retail version, but with more variation and detail. It's not known why the song was cut, but you can listen to it on YouTube.

:arrow: Source

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my favorite games. The xbox360 remake is nice too. Play this if you like platformers. You never really “die” you just begin at the beginning of the stage. The moon stage was pretty hard and I fell many times.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
One of my favorite games. The xbox360 remake is nice too. Play this if you like platformers. You never really “die” you just begin at the beginning of the stage. The moon stage was pretty hard and I fell many times.
You mean the iOS, PC, PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360 remake?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never got around to playing Ducktales Remastered. I really should do that sometime. I played the heck out of the two Game Boy games.

The Moon theme wound up being used prominently in several episodes of the new (2017) Ducktales cartoon, sadly ending after this season.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Not to sound nitpicky, but that would be a tune, not a song. A song is sang, it has vocals. :teach:
Pfft that can't be true, a song doesn't need voca-

upload_2021-2-2_16-50-1.png

upload_2021-2-2_16-49-40.png

Last edited by Jacklack3,
Reactions: Dust2dust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?