at this rate even my toaster will have psgroove
biggrin.gif

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just saying you might as well have 2 controllers anyway because people are calling this stupid and stuff
EDIT:Also does the ps3 controller have all 3 of these chips or just one depending on your controller because I am not opening my controller.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Im just saying you might as well have 2 controllers anyway because people are calling this stupid and stuff
EDIT:Also does the ps3 controller have all 3 of these chips or just one depending on your controller because I am not opening my controller.
I just don't think anyone wants to spend that much money for a controller they're going to render unusable.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt everyone is going to be pirating every game they play well if you are getting a new ps3 than thats probable but most ps3 users already have built up quite a library.
Normmatt is watching

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don´t really see the problem about a new controller. How much was the jailbreak going to cost? around 120$? But a controller was about 50$, right? (don't know, don't have one). So if you already were to buy a psjailbreak you should really be able to afford a new controller.

googlebot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if all this jailbreak stuff happens than all ps3 fanboys (me included) should prepare themselves for army of cheaters..

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Nokia n900
Teensy boards
Ti 84s possibly
iDevices possibly
PSP probably.

iDevices are more likely than PSP.

Mathieulh posted on his twitter that the more he looks at doing a PSP port, the harder it seems to be. On the other hand, he also posted a link to a video of an iPhone giving out a signal to a computer over USB, saying what colour the screen was. This was a PoC to prove that its possible to control the iDevice's USB output fully, meaning it should be possible to make a PSGroove app for iDevices. I would post links, but my computer is being really slow and refusing to open twitter right now.

EDIT: Links:

Referring to a PSP port: http://twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/23062581096, http://twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/22928602354

YouTube video: http://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/23053352383(I know this is MuscleNerd, Mathieulh retweeted it)

Oh and his views on this port (the PS3 controller one): http://twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/23001530504

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IMHO, I'm skeptical on this.

You can't run arbitrary code on a Memory Eeprom, how the heck are going to emulate a six port USB hub on it?
I guess the only way might be that there's also be some kind of microprocessor in it, which actually reads the code to execute from the eeprom.

And about the PSP port, a few have said that they guy which is currently developing the PSP port (evapsp? can't remember now) has a quite limited knowledge in PSP programming, and as SifJar just remarked, the PSP doesn't seem actually up to the job, so don't hold too much hopes in it. Mathieulh is probably referring to another code, which is probably a more skilled one. And if even him is having difficulties... Well, that isn't a good sign.

EDIT: Lol, just read that eavpsp was actually demonstrated as a fake.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we can give the PS3 arbitrary code over USB, why not use it as game input for what essentially works out to tool assisted speed runs? That'd be more kickass than the inevitable flood of generic homebrew ports.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Covarr said:
If we can give the PS3 arbitrary code over USB, why not use it as game input for what essentially works out to tool assisted speed runs? That'd be more kickass than the inevitable flood of generic homebrew ports.
I don't think you quite understand. The payload of the exploit (i.e. the main code) just reboots the PS3 in debug mode, it doesn't actually give input to the PS3 as a controller. So what you suggest doesn't make sense (at least not to me)

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Covarr said:
I don't think you quite understand. The payload of the exploit (i.e. the main code) just reboots the PS3 in debug mode, it doesn't actually give input to the PS3 as a controller. So what you suggest doesn't make sense (at least not to me)
Of this exploit, yes. However, theoretically, it seems it would be possible to trick the PS3 into thinking a USB device is a controller when it's not, and send preprogrammed input to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill