Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Dualshock 3 PSGroove Port in the works!
Yes, the PS3 controller
dualshock3stock.jpg

Now this is very interesting news that can possible render all other ports being working on quite useless. The folks over at Elotrolado have started on working on trying to get ported to the Sixaxis/Dualshock3. This surely belongs in the highly exciting and highly useful category.

To quote PSGroove :
*The SIXAXIS control has a memory eeprom what its programming allows. (BoRJa_FiesTeRo Thanks)
*The name of the Micro ones is:
TOSHIBA 15UM3EFG-001
JAPAN0703EG1
F0194ZA
Hopefully this is a port to be excited about, as everyone has a PS3 controller that wants to jailbreak their PS3. You can catch up the the latest update over at their forums (its in Spanish) – we will keep you updated here when something happens.[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source (Maxconsole)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
monkat said:
I think it was poorly translated...I didn't understand any of it.
The gist of it is: All PS3 controllers (both SIXAXIS and DualShock3) have a programmable chip in them. Some peeps are trying to program that chip with the PSGroove code so a PS3 controller can be made into a PSJailbreak-like device, allowing you to boot in debug mode with only a reprogrammed controller. I don't know whether it'll still be possible to use it as a controller regularly once the PS3 is booted, but I'm guessing not, as if the device is reprogrammed, I don't think it'll be possible to have function normally as well. I guess it depends how much space there is on the chip, whether they can fit on both PSGroove and the regular software.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
the one who thought of this is really committed... very well thought and great to see if it works as this will shoot piracy on ps3 to the highest limits (its like everyone was locked and now they are coming out in the form of an explosion)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SifJar said:
monkat said:
I think it was poorly translated...I didn't understand any of it.
The gist of it is: All PS3 controllers (both SIXAXIS and DualShock3) have a programmable chip in them. Some peeps are trying to program that chip with the PSGroove code so a PS3 controller can be made into a PSJailbreak-like device, allowing you to boot in debug mode with only a reprogrammed controller. I don't know whether it'll still be possible to use it as a controller regularly once the PS3 is booted, but I'm guessing not, as if the device is reprogrammed, I don't think it'll be possible to have function normally as well. I guess it depends how much space there is on the chip, whether they can fit on both PSGroove and the regular software.

so if it's possible you'd need to buy 1 of these controllers?

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
For obvious cost reasons, I have put off the idea of obtaining a PS3. Now, I am thankful for waiting this much (all while the trade-in system in GameStop replenishing the F-rated# 60GB PS3 systems). Then again, I am thankful for having learned Spanish natively. /Puerto Rico/

# = Yes; "F" for "fabulous"...

{Wii}

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
If the controller is still usable as a controller then... Epic
If not... Crappy

These controllers are like 80-90 AUD here
frown.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
This is ingenious! What a nifty discovery.

Though a lingering question is whether or not the controller is rendered useless as a control device when grooved.
unsure.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
so if it's possible you'd need to buy 1 of these controllers?

Considering EVERY PS3 ships with one or other of the controllers, and you NEED at least one to play the PS3, you shouldn't have to purchase specially, unless you can't use a controller as both a PSGroove device AND a controller at the same time, in which case this is rendered "meh" IMO.

QUOTE(Thoob @ Sep 5 2010, 03:09 PM) So you'd flash your controller with a PC application?
unsure.gif

I would assume so. It couldn't be done with the PS3, as that would require being able to run unsigned code, rendering the whole thing pointless. So the only options are flash with a PC, or disassemble controller and use something like an Infectus to flash it, which would be completely non-viable for most end users.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not complaining but if this renders the controller useless as a controller then naaaay

either way, with so many options now, the real question is, do i really want to mod my PS3

i will wait for the homebrew scene to boom, coz honestly piracy doesn't appeal to me (the 360 is for that) if homebews can allow emulators and PSN games then daaaamn, fuck that online.

wertyqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
In my mind this is just total Sony FAIL. They actually provide everything when you buy a brand new PS3! All you have to do is have a PC and follow a tutorial to reprogram.

Ok. Maybe you cannot play games when your only controller is useless but that´s beside my point. All this of course if they got it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"