Dual channels when updating SSBB?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kestol, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Kestol
    OP

Kestol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just a quick question...
    If i update with the SL version of SSBB i'll get DUAL CHANNELS...
    Will i get 2 more channels if i update with the DL version?

2. superrob

superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Apr 4, 2007
    GBATemp factory.
    No.

3. Hardcore Gamer

Hardcore Gamer GBAtemp Fan

Feb 1, 2008
    Yes, you'll get double channels whenever you update from a different region game.

The update thinks it's doing you a favour. Your news and weather channels on your pal wii are named something like 'News-p' and 'Weather-p', on an NTSC wii they will be 'News-u' and 'weather-u'. I assume the jap ones are 'news-j' etc

The update looks at your wii, sees that you don't have news-j so gives you it. Nintendo didn't bother with checking for news-p as well or just not updating any jap stuff on a pal wii but they don't want region free games apparently.

I've seen a dump of this game, it may be a fake but the update was quite large and had the shop channel and everything else with it so I don't see why they don't get updated either. I haven't found an explanation as to why it's only those two channels that get duped.

edit: oh, you mean double double channels, then no.

4. Kestol
    OP

Kestol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    k...
    So i think i'll go for the 100% update in SSBB

5. Volkov

Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    you should definitely read some of the other threads to see all the side-effect possibilities

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice