Hacking Question Dual Boot Sxos + Atmopshere Help Required

yogurt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mike, a question how do you do the trim/cleanup of the EmuNAND to make it 8 GB ?
(I think I can save a lot of time by taking my actual SysNAND, remove all unnecesary stuff and trim it as EmuNAND for SXOS)
would like to know too? seems the last few pages of this thread got deleted when temporary mode ended.

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, seems that I made it ! (somehow, and some errors on the way)
I ended up having:

1. Atmosphere (1.1.1) with switch firmware 13.0.0. on EmuNAND on a hidden partition
2. SXOS (3.1.0) with firmware 11.0.0 on Emunan as a file (resized to 10GB)
3. By mistake updated SysNand to 13.0.0, but is in a working state also (I surely burned efuses there)

Switching between SXOS & Atmosphere using Hekate and their respective payloads.

I am using a single 128GB SD card with this configuration and reading XCI games within SXOS with 1TB Trascend HDD that I had lying around.

I will post step by step to help other folks later this weekend.

Reactions: yogurt and simbin

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
.By mistake updated SysNand to 13.0.0, but is in a working state also (I surely burned efuses there)

Switching between SXOS & Atmosphere using Hekate and their respective payloads.
Efuses burnt for sure.., but not « a big deal », anyway, unless sysnand was on a very low firmware.

Did you installed Tesla menu and FastCfw overlay to easily switch between Sxos and Atmosphere when switch is on ?

And thank you for reporting your steps on how you did it and made it working.
That’s probably, one of the most important « thing » on forums , and especially on GBATemp.

Last edited by Maupiti,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry you guys. Looks like I forgot a step somewhere along the line. I can't get it to work myself. My 128gb has toEmuNands. One SX OS one atmosphere. Both hidden. I'm trying to setup my new 512gb and I can't get two partitions to work. I must be forgetting something.. I'll keep you posted if I get going. If anybody else manages to get it going let me know.

Reactions: simbin

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm curious as to how you got that working. I've been trying to attempt this myself with no success. Do you mind showing me how the 128gb card is partitioned?
I personally couldn’t get Sxos and Atmosphere to run on 2 EmuMMC /Emunand on 2 hidden partitions, on the same sd, went for « easy « and « fast « for the kids , with atmosphere on hidden and Sxos shrinked (8 go), on files, and everything works flawlessly since months.

But I’m really curious why I couldn’t get it to work. So, as soon as I find some spare time, will try and report :

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: xYuunax

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
But I’m really curious why I couldn’t get it work. So, as soon as I find some spare time, will try and report :
SX OS partitions the SD card differently from Hekate. While Hekate can detect the hidden partitions and adjust the ini accordingly. SX OS seems to always create the partition starting on sector 0x2, leading me to speculate that sx os has it hard coded to look in that specific sector.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SX OS partitions the SD card differently from Hekate. While Hekate can detect the hidden partitions and adjust the ini accordingly. SX OS seems to always create the partition starting on sector 0x2, leading me to speculate that sx os has it hard coded to look in that specific sector.
That’s what I’ve been « figuring « along with my different attempts and tools used.

So what I plan to do now ( on a spare sd to validate the steps before moving my 400 go sd card) is :

1. Create Emunand hidden partition Sxos with NxNandManager starting from my shrinked 8 go emunand files based.
At this step, I should end up with a 8 go hidden partition at the very beginning of the sd ,compatible with Sxos and Hekate, and the space left a Fat32 partition.

2. Create EmuMMC. hidden partition with mini partition wizard tool at the end of the sd ( using values of the hidden partition already on my 400 go created by tegraExplorer payload and which works with Atmosphere updated).

3. Flash the EmuMMC to this hidden partition with Emutool

4. Import backup of both systems (Sxos and Atmosphere, Hekate) saves and , homebrews…overlays installed on the Fat32 partition (which should be between Sxos first and Atmosphere latest.
Re-install games (a lot faster as I have a backup of all my installed games).

5. Enjoy ? 🤔

Last edited by Maupiti,

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
That’s what I’ve been « figuring « along with my different attempts and tools used.

So what I plan to do now ( on a spare sd to validate the steps before moving my 400 go sd card) is...
Good Luck on your attempts, I'm sure it can be done... though I've tried enough times that I almost killed one of my sd cards.

Reactions: Maupiti

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious as to how you got that working. I've been trying to attempt this myself with no success. Do you mind showing me how the 128gb card is partitioned?
It has the sx partition first. Then fat32 then atmo partition.. im not sure what i am missing this time...could use file based for sx but corruption issues scare me for the safety of my saves...

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay so, here I go, my situation: Erista switch ver1 "unpached" been using SXOS on SysNAND ver 11.0.0, cannot play Blaster Master 3 and therefore acknowledged that I need to move on to Atmosphere to play newest games but will remain in SXOS (since I mostly have .xci files).

I STRONGLY suggest to read this guide to get familiar with the terms and some processes.

Thanks to LiborNX and his post, to mikefor20 and Maupiti for their help. I did NOT create this, simply compiled what I did and worked for me, mileage may vary in your case and I am NOT responsible if anything goes wrong or your switch explodes...

Some downloads we´ll use:
  • The latest release of Hekate.
  • The latest release of Atmosphere.
  • The latest release of Lockpick_RCM (download the Lockpick_RCM.bin release of Lockpick).
  • The latest release of JKSV (download the JKSV.nro release of JKSV).
  • Search for desired Nintendo Switch firmwares (I cannot link to them, Google is your friend).
  • The latest release of NxNandManager
  • The latest release of Kenny's Emutool

1. Install JKSV on switch to backup all save games.
- Copy JKSV.nro to switch folder in SD.
- Boot into SXOS and go to the folder icon to open JKSV.
- Backup savings as you prefer (you can batch save per user).
- Copy your savegames to PC for safekeeping (entire JKSV folder on the root of SD card).

2. Install Hetake to your SD card.
- Unzip hekate_ctcaer_5.6.2_Nyx_1.0.7.zip into the root of the SD card.

3. Using TegraRcmGUI send Lockpick payload to backup keys.
- Unzip TegraRcmGUI_v2.6_portable.zip folder to PC.
- On same folder copy Lockpick_RCM.bin file.
- Put switch in RCM mode while connecting a USB cable (in my case a USB C to usb A).
- On your PC open TegraRcmGUI.exe, select Lockpick_RCM.bin payload, and then if you have the image RCM O.K. click on "Inject payload". (if you don´t have the RCM O.K. retry to successfully enter RCM).
- On your switch Using the VOL and Power buttons to navigate, select "dump from SysNAND".
- Copy your keys to PC for safekeeping (dev.keys, prod.keys and title.keys are into the switch folder on SD).

Before step 3 you can optionally start SXOS and delete any installed game, user, network, etc. to clean as much possible your NAND backup.

3. Using TegraRcmGUI send the Hetake payload to backup your NAND and files.
There is a guide with pictures here. You´ll need a SD card with enough space, since the backup alone is 29GB
- On same folder copy hekate_ctcaer_5.6.2.bin file.
- Put switch in RCM mode while connecting a USB cable (in my case a USB C to usb A).
- On your PC open TegraRcmGUI.exe, select hekate v5.6.2 .bin payload and then if you have the image RCM O.K. clic on "Inject payload". (if you don´t have the RCM O.K. retry to successfully enter RCM).
- Once on Hekate click on Tools on top.
- Click on Backup eMMC, first backup eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 and then eMMC RAW GPP.
- Copy your SysNAND backup to PC for safekeeping, it will be on the folder backup/ (You can either turn off your Switch, eject and and copy from SD or directly copy using Hekate from "Tools", "USB Tools", "SD Card").

Here I also backed up anything I wanted to save from my SD (example screenshots, or my nintendo folder (for some Zelda mods, and the SXOS boot.dat and license.dat).

4. Prepare all files (if you haven´t already) Atmosphere (including fusee.bin) along with Hetake and your SXOS license.
I used a 128 GB SD card.
- To avoid confussions you may want to erase everything on your SD card.
- Copy hekate_ctcaer_5.6.2_Nyx_1.0.7.zip into the root of the SD card.
- Copy atmosphere-1.1.1-master-99c74469e+hbl-2.4.1+hbmenu-3.4.1.zip to the root of the SD card.
- Copy fusee.bin to /bootloader/payloads, also copy the SXOS payload.bin there.
- Copy SXOS boot.dat and license.dat to the root of your SD card.

5. Once all backups are done, let´s partition the SD card.
If you copied all files within Hetake, go straight to "Tools" on top, otherwise:
- On your PC open TegraRcmGUI.exe, select hekate v5.6.2 .bin payload and then if you have the image RCM O.K. clic on "Inject payload". (if you don´t have the RCM O.K. retry to successfully enter RCM).

--> In Hekate click on Tools on top.
- Go to "Tools", "Partition SD Card" and Allocate 29 Gb for the EmuMMC (RAW).
! WARNING all contents in SD will be erased !
Optional (but you have to decide at this stage): allocate a partition for Android and/or Linux, you'll be able to come back later and flash Android or flash Linux (remember how much space you allocated because it doesn't display when you come back to the partition menu).
- I created a 15 GB partition on Android (USER), suggested is 32GB but I can´t afford that much space.
- Click on Nex Step, it should finish really quick, once done click on "Home".

6. Let´s create the EmuNAND´s one in a hidden partition and another one as a file.
- In Hekate click on emuMMC.
- First choose to create a SD Partition, wait until it finish.
For me Hekate backed up the files on my SD automatically, if for any reason it does not for you copy again files from step 4.
- Go back Home and click on emuMMC.

* Note: (thanks mikefor20) using a file based EmuNAND is risky. It tends to corrupt. You could end up losing all your saves. (I will try to setup two EmuNAND on hidden partitions and update the post if succesful).

- This time choose to create a SD File based EmuMMC, at this point Hekate will select the file based partition as the default EmuMMC location because it is the last created, wait until it finish.

7. Let´s upgrade/downgrade your file based EmuNAND.
Copy the desired switch firmware to a /firmware folder in your SD card (in my case I will be using SXOS, so the latest supported version is firmware 11.0.0), for this you can either turn off your Switch, eject and and copy to your SD or I suggest to copy directly using Hekate from: "Tools", "USB Tools", "SD Card").

- Once you have the firmware in the SD go to Home in Hekate and click on Launch, select Atmosphere CFW.
- Make sure you are on the EmuMMC by looking at "System Settings", scroll down to "system" and you should see an "E" at the end of the Firmware version.
- Go to the Album and select "Daybreak", "Install" and select the folder /firmware.
- Wait for it to finish and verify your new CFW version by looking at "System Settings", scroll down to "system".

8. Let´s trim your file based EmuNAND to 10 GB.
- Restart by going to the album and select restart to Payload, and then the minus button.
- Connect (if you for some reason are not) your USB cable to the switch and your PC.
- Once in Hekate mount your SD card on your computer via "Tools", "USB Tools", "SD Card".
- Locate your backed up prod.keys from the step 3
- Locate for your file based EmuNAND, for me it was on /emuMMC/SD00/ it should be 29GB in size.
- Extract NxNandManager_v5.0_x64.zip on your PC.
- Open NxNandManager on your PC, click on Options "Configure keyset".
- Click on "Import keys from file" and select your prod.keys, click on "Save".
- Click on "File", "Open file" and open the file 00 file from your file based EmuMMC.
- Click on the USER partition and go to "Options", "Resize NAND (RAWNAND, FULL NAND).
If you want to format everything and start anew you can choose "Format USER" option, I did mantain the users to avoid recreating them.
- Select a new size of around 7586 Mb to 9760Mb to create a 10 to 12 GB file emuNAND and click on "Save", wait for it to finish and click on the "x" to close.
- Locate (normally in the same folder where NxNandManager is) your RAWNAND.Resized file.
- On NxNandManager click on "File", "Open file" and open the file RAWNAND.Resized.
- Click on the USER partition and go to "Options", "Emunand Creation Tool (RAWNAND, FULL NAND).
- Select the Boot0 and Boot1 from your file based EmuNAND (for me it was on /emuMMC/SD00/).
- Select "SD File (AMS)", we are using AMS since trying to create SXOS reportedly generate errors at 99%.
- As target volume select Hekate SD Raw on the drive with the same letter as in the explorer (not the hidden partition) and click "Create emuNAND"..
- Extract Kenny´s EmuTool_v0.2.9.zip to your PC.
- Open EmuTools, select as Source "Atmosphere File" and click "Click to select SD Card" and look for your trimmed file Emunand (it should be in the SD card folder EmuMMC\SD00 and it´s 10 to 12 GB in size).
- Select as Target "SXOS File" and click "Click to select SD Card", select the root of your SD this will export to sd:/sxos/emunand, wait for it to finish.
I had some GUI problems here, if tou are stuck, please look at the images in the Original English language guide.
- Delete now the File based EmuMMC on your Sd card (EmuMMC\SD00), since you should have a SXOS copy on sd:/sxos/emunand.
- You can disconnect the SD card from Hekate.

9. Let´s do some final checks.
- Since file based partition is the default EmuMMC (because it was the last created) click on "emuMMC", "change emuMMC" and select SD RAW1, "OK".
- In Hekate mount your SD card on your computer via "Tools", "USB Tools", "SD Card".
- On your PC edit hekate_ipl.ini, add this lines so you can choose your CFW.

[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin

- Click on "Home", then "Launch" and select "SXOS". Press the "+" button while launching to see if in the SXOS menu says "EmuNAND enabled" (and is not booting SXOS from Sysnand).

Profit, I got a fat32 SD Card, with a hidden EmuNand partition with Atmosphere on latest FW, a file based EmuNand partition with SXOS on 11.0.0, a 15 GB Android partition (yet to use) and a ton of XCI games to split and copy into my fat32 Trascend 2.5USB 1TB HDD (I use SAK for this, never managed to get NSCB to work).

To switch from Atmosphere go to the "Album" and select "Restart to Payload".

To switch from SXOS select restart and hold "Volume +" while the SXOS logo is shown, from there click on "Options", "Payloads" and select hekate_ctcaer_5.6.2.bin to load to Hekate and from there launch Atmosphere.

I hope this helps someone and saves them a lot of time.

Best

Last edited by comegalletas,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, here I go, my situation: Ver1 unpached switch using SXOS on SysNAND ver 11.0.0, cannot play Blaster Master 3 and therefore acknowledged that I need to move on to Atmosphere to play newest games but will remain in SXOS (since I mostly have .xci files).

I STRONGLY suggest to read this guide to get familiar with the terms and some processes.

Thanks to LiborNX and his post, to mikefor20 and Maupiti for their help. I did NOT create this, simply compiled what I did and worked for me, mileage may vary in your case and I am NOT responsible if anything goes wrong or your switch explodes...

Some downloads we´ll use:
  • The latest release of Hekate.
  • The latest release of Atmosphere.
  • The latest release of Lockpick_RCM (download the Lockpick_RCM.bin release of Lockpick).
  • The latest release of JKSV (download the JKSV.nro release of JKSV).
  • Nintendo Switch firmwares here.
  • The latest release of NxNandManager
  • The latest release of Kenny's Emutool

1. Install JKSV on switch to backup all save games.
- Copy JKSV.nro to switch folder in SD.
- Boot into SXOS and go to the folder icon to open JKSV.
- Backup savings as you prefer (you can batch save per user).
- Copy your savegames to PC for safekeeping (entire JKSV folder on the root of SD card).

2. Install Hetake to your SD card.
- Unzip hekate_ctcaer_5.6.2_Nyx_1.0.7.zip into the root of the SD card.

3. Using TegraRcmGUI send Lockpick payload to backup keys.
- On same folder copy Lockpick_RCM.bin file.
- On your PC open TegraRcmGUI.exe, select Lockpick_RCM.bin payload, and then if you have the image RCM O.K. click on "Inject payload". (if you don´t have the RCM O.K. retry to successfully enter RCM).
- On your switch Using the VOL and Power buttons to navigate, select "dump from SysNAND".
- Copy your keys to PC for safekeeping (dev.keys, prod.keys and title.keys are into the switch folder on SD).

Before step 3 you can optionally start SXOS and delete any installed game, user, network, etc. to clean as much possible your NAND backup.

3. Using TegraRcmGUI send the Hetake payload to backup your NAND and files.
There is a guide with pictures here. You´ll need a SD card with enough space, since the backup alone is 29GB
- On same folder copy hekate_ctcaer_5.6.2.bin file.
- Once on Hekate click on Tools on top.
- Click on Backup eMMC, first backup eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 and then eMMC RAW GPP.
- Copy your SysNAND backup to PC for safekeeping, it will be on the folder backup/ (You can either turn off your Switch, eject and and copy from SD or directly copy using Hekate from "Tools", "USB Tools", "SD Card").

Here I also backed up anything I wanted to save from my SD (example screenshots, or my nintendo folder (for some Zelda mods, and the SXOS boot.dat and license.dat).

4. Prepare all files (if you haven´t already) Atmosphere (including fusee.bin) along with Hetake and your SXOS license.
I used a 128 GB SD card.
- To avoid confussions you may want to erase everything on your SD card.
- Copy hekate_ctcaer_5.6.2_Nyx_1.0.7.zip into the root of the SD card.
- Copy atmosphere-1.1.1-master-99c74469e+hbl-2.4.1+hbmenu-3.4.1.zip to the root of the SD card.
- Copy fusee.bin to /bootloader/payloads, also copy the SXOS payload.bin there.
- Copy SXOS boot.dat and license.dat to the root of your SD card.

5. Once all backups are done, let´s partition the SD card.
If you copied all files within Hetake, go straight to "Tools" on top, otherwise:

--> In Hekate click on Tools on top.
- Go to "Tools", "Partition SD Card" and Allocate 29 Gb for the EmuMMC (RAW).
! WARNING all contents in SD will be erased !
Optional (but you have to decide at this stage): allocate a partition for Android and/or Linux, you'll be able to come back later and flash Android or flash Linux (remember how much space you allocated because it doesn't display when you come back to the partition menu).
- I created a 15 GB partition on Android (USER), suggested is 32GB but I can´t afford that much space.
- Click on Nex Step, it should finish really quick, once done click on "Home".

6. Let´s create the EmuNAND´s one in a hidden partition and another one as a file.
- In Hekate click on emuMMC.
- First choose to create a SD Partition, wait until it finish.
For me Hekate backed up the files on my SD automatically, if for any reason it does not for you copy again files from step 4.
- Go back Home and click on emuMMC.
- This time choose to create a SD File based EmuMMC, at this point Hekate will select the file based partition as the default EmuMMC location because it is the last created, wait until it finish.

7. Let´s upgrade/downgrade your file based EmuNAND.
Copy the desired switch firmware to a /firmware folder in your SD card (in my case I will be using SXOS, so the latest supported version is firmware 11.0.0), for this you can either turn off your Switch, eject and and copy to your SD or I suggest to copy directly using Hekate from: "Tools", "USB Tools", "SD Card").

- Once you have the firmware in the SD go to Home in Hekate and click on Launch, select Atmosphere CFW.
- Make sure you are on the EmuMMC by looking at "System Settings", scroll down to "system" and you should see an "E" at the end of the Firmware version.
- Go to the Album and select "Daybreak", "Install" and select the folder /firmware.
- Wait for it to finish and verify your new CFW version by looking at "System Settings", scroll down to "system".

8. Let´s trim your file based EmuNAND to 10 GB.
- Restart by going to the album and select restart to Payload, and then the minus button.
- Connect (if you for some reason are not) your USB cable to the switch and your PC.
- Once in Hekate mount your SD card on your computer via "Tools", "USB Tools", "SD Card".
- Locate your backed up prod.keys from the step 3
- Locate for your file based EmuNAND, for me it was on /emuMMC/SD00/ it should be 29GB in size.
- Extract NxNandManager_v5.0_x64.zip on your PC.
- Open NxNandManager on your PC, click on Options "Configure keyset".
- Click on "Import keys from file" and select your prod.keys, click on "Save".
- Click on "File", "Open file" and open the file 00 file from your file based EmuMMC.
- Click on the USER partition and go to "Options", "Resize NAND (RAWNAND, FULL NAND).
If you want to format everything and start anew you can choose "Format USER" option, I did mantain the users to avoid recreating them.
- Select a new size of around 7586 Mb to 9760Mb to create a 10 to 12 GB file emuNAND and click on "Save", wait for it to finish and click on the "x" to close.
- Locate (normally in the same folder where NxNandManager is) your RAWNAND.Resized file.
- On NxNandManager click on "File", "Open file" and open the file RAWNAND.Resized.
- Click on the USER partition and go to "Options", "Emunand Creation Tool (RAWNAND, FULL NAND).
- Select the Boot0 and Boot1 from your file based EmuNAND (for me it was on /emuMMC/SD00/).
- Select "SD File (AMS)", we are using AMS since trying to create SXOS reportedly generate errors at 99%.
- As target volume select Hekate SD Raw on the drive with the same letter as in the explorer (not the hidden partition) and click "Create emuNAND"..
- Extract Kenny´s EmuTool_v0.2.9.zip to your PC.
- Open EmuTools, select as Source "Atmosphere File" and click "Click to select SD Card" and look for your trimmed file Emunand (it should be in the SD card folder EmuMMC\SD00 and it´s 10 to 12 GB in size).
- Select as Target "SXOS File" and click "Click to select SD Card", select the root of your SD this will export to sd:/sxos/emunand, wait for it to finish.
I had some GUI problems here, if tou are stuck, please look at the images in the Original English language guide.
- Delete now the File based EmuMMC on your Sd card (EmuMMC\SD00), since you should have a SXOS copy on sd:/sxos/emunand.
- You can disconnect the SD card from Hekate.

9. Let´s do some final checks.
- Since file based partition is the default EmuMMC (because it was the last created) click on "emuMMC", "change emuMMC" and select SD RAW1, "OK".
- In Hekate mount your SD card on your computer via "Tools", "USB Tools", "SD Card".
- On your PC edit hekate_ipl.ini, add this lines so you can choose your CFW.

[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin

- Click on "Home", then "Launch" and select "SXOS". Press the "+" button while launching to see if in the SXOS menu says "EmuNAND enabled" (and is not booting SXOS from Sysnand).

Profit, I got a fat32 SD Card, with a hidden EmuNand partition with Atmosphere on latest FW, a file based EmuNand partition with SXOS on 11.0.0, a 15 GB Android partition (yet to use) and a ton of XCI games to split and copy into my fat32 Trascend 2.5USB 1TB HDD (I use SAK for this, never managed to get NSCB to work).

To switch from Atmosphere go to the "Album" and select "Restart to Payload".

To switch from SXOS select restart and hold "Volume +" while the SXOS logo is shown, from there click on "Options", "Payloads" and select hekate_ctcaer_5.6.2.bin to load to Hekate and from there launch Atmosphere.

I hope this helps someone and saves them a lot of time.

Best

Nice write up.. 2 things though.

It should be pointed out that using a file based EmuNAND is risky. It tends to corrupt. It's no big deal but you could lose all your saves... This is why a lot of peolple opt for hidden partitions or separate SXOS and Atmo SD cards

Also, I don't like your switching method.

I suggest you use Tesla,, you must install it on BOTH Atmosphere and SXOS,(Copy the applicable files to SD:\Atmosphere\contents and to SD:\SXOS\titles).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/

Then install FastCFWswitch..
https://github.com/Hartie95/fastCFWswitch

Once set up you just hold down L and DPad Down and push on the right joy stick to bring up Tesla at any time. Select FastCFWswitch and it will immediately reboot into the other CFW. No injections or going to bootloaders or anything.

Hekate and the SXOS menu work but if you have small children they can be an issue. Hekate has the power to format your SD and your system.. SXOS menu can destroy your EmuNAND. I would just use this method to keep things nice and safe.

Tesla also has great plugins like a great Emuiibo frontend for Amiibo emulation and ShareNX tp upload the last sreenshot you took to the web for easy sharing or saving. HIGHLY reccommend it.

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the suggestion Mike, will mention the risk and try Tesla and update the post later today.
If you happen to know where or how to get the two emuNAND´s in hidden partition I will be thankful (I tried with no success).

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the suggestion Mike, will mention the risk and try Tesla and update the post later today.
If you happen to know where or how to get the two emuNAND´s in hidden partition I will be thankful (I tried with no success).
I’m planning to try (again…) tonight as I should have some spare time, so I will report my steps.

As Mike stated, a lot better to use FastCfw overlay to switch between CFW (and actually to launch any payload you want without going to Sxos menu or Hekate).

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the 2 EmuNANDS again, SXOS sees it but Atmosphere doesnt see my FAT32 partition so it wont read the INI. Funny cause it boots...

Formatted with GUI formatter
Made EmuNAND in SXmenu
Shrunk Fat32 in Gparted
Used hekate to make EmuNAND partition in the remaining space.

Ill fiddle with it when I can..

Reactions: simbin

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It’s working..,a bit WIP , but working, Booting emunand (11.0.) Sxos from an hidden partition, and Atmosphere from another hidden partition on the same sd.

Booting straight from my dongle ( RCM loader one, which is a hell of a good injector when fiddling with multiple payloads), need to finalise to configure Hekate, import my saves , and see if everything works as intended.

First hidden partition (8 go) Sxos , unallocated, second partition Fat32 , SD with all the « stuff », third partition (hidden, with a drive letter but system files other, roughly 29,2 g at the end.

Take note, that what I will explain worked for me , but could not for you, It’s not a tutorial.

I have many backups of all my emunand/EmuMMC , sysnand.. I wanted to start from a “scratch working configuration/sd”.

And do as much “less consuming time” and “switching sd” from the switch as possible.

1. My switch (with my 400 go sd card fully functional with dual boot Emunands Sxos 11.0.(8 go sd files based, 32 go Atmosphere 12.0.1 on hidden partition), connected to my PC (running windows 10 X64,) via usb under Hekate/Tools.

2. I created a specific folder on my desktop for all the backups/downloadings following.

3. I did a full dump of Sxos emunand files based ( 8 go) via NxNandManager ( and therefore converted in a full raw nand backup), and save it on my desktop on a specific folder.

4. I converted my Atmosphere hidden partition to sd files using emutool and saved it on my PC to a specific folder.

5. I inserted the card I wanted to use for the tests on my PC Card reader.
I created an Sxos emunand partition based using NxNandManager with my backup (therefore wiping everything and cleaning).

6. I used mini partition wizard tool free to modify sd partition once NxNandManager finished .
I resized the fat32 partition to leave 29,2 go at the end of the sd.

7. I copied under mini partition wizard the hidden and working partition related to atmosphere on my current 400 go sd (remember? connected to Pc via Hekate ums) to the new created partition on the test sd card.

8. Ended up with a few 48 mo unallocated space at the end but doesn’t matter.

9. I copied latest Hekate (from GitHub) on the sd, atmosphere 19.5 (as it was the version of my EmuMMC and didn’t want to change loaders on my injector), bootdat, licence.dat.

10. I inserted my test sd card (note that’s the first physical move of the sd on the switch), launched Hekate, migrate emunand (atmosphere) to create the right EmuMMC.ini , checked values with partition wizard.

Tried both CFW on emunands using my injector, and they both work. 😂

Need to adjust some settings, but I think it should be alright.

To be mentioned, the hidden partition of atmosphere i copied (from my 400 go sd to my test sd was initially created by tegraExplorer payload).

But to be sure , and didn’t mentioned, after the copy of this partition, I flashed back using emutool the backup of my EmuMMC on this partition. What is relevant for this atmosphere hidden partition is the start in hex of the first sector.

The reason I used NxNandManager, is to create a “proper” Sxos hidden partition, shrinked, and flash it, emutool is great, but can’t handle shrinked EmuMMC/Emunand.

All this could have been done with tools running under Linux or CIL , but I really wanted to try with all the nice tools provided to us by such talented developers, on a friendly user interface, doing all the job “hidden “.

Didn’t want to use Hekate, to partition or create EmuMMC/Emunand. With all the respect I have for @CTCaer not sure Hekate is the best way to create multiple partitions for some “niche uses”.

Thanks all developers involved in the switch scene. 👍

Last edited by Maupiti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-