DSx86 Subst problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Pleng, Jun 15, 2012.

Jun 15, 2012

DSx86 Subst problem by Pleng at 5:00 AM (567 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Pleng
    OP

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    So I have a menu system (AutoMenu) in my DosBox system, which enables me to easily navigate between my games.

Unfortunately the menu definition files all refer to G:\*directoryname* to run the games. I don't really want to have to ammend all the files to point to C:\data\dsx86\games or whatever, as then as I add more games, the files will get out of sync.

I thought I'd give subst g: c:\data\dsx86\4dos\games a go, but it seems that 4dos does not support this command :( I've tried downloading a 'subst.exe' from the net but when I finally found one which wasn't some dumb arse system scanner in disguise, it failed with "Abnormal program termination"

Is there *any* way to get subst working in dsx86?

Additionally, is there any way to change the location of the C: drive to c:\data\dsx86\4dos? It looks ugly having an autoexec.bat in the root of my sd card :(

2. Gerinych

Member Gerinych GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    This might be a long shot, but try using Windows' subst.exe. You can find it in the system32 folder.

3. Pleng
    OP

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    I'd forgotten I'd even made this topic until I loaded up my DSTwo and saw DSx86 on there.

Unfortunately I have Win7 64 which doesn't include subst.exe, and I haven't been able to find a reliable source for it elsewhere. Might see if I can find an old copy of MsDos somewhere around here...