Homebrew DSx86 Subst problem

Pleng

Custom Title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So I have a menu system (AutoMenu) in my DosBox system, which enables me to easily navigate between my games.

Unfortunately the menu definition files all refer to G:\*directoryname* to run the games. I don't really want to have to ammend all the files to point to C:\data\dsx86\games or whatever, as then as I add more games, the files will get out of sync.

I thought I'd give subst g: c:\data\dsx86\4dos\games a go, but it seems that 4dos does not support this command :( I've tried downloading a 'subst.exe' from the net but when I finally found one which wasn't some dumb arse system scanner in disguise, it failed with "Abnormal program termination"

Is there *any* way to get subst working in dsx86?

Additionally, is there any way to change the location of the C: drive to c:\data\dsx86\4dos? It looks ugly having an autoexec.bat in the root of my sd card :(

Pleng

Custom Title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'd forgotten I'd even made this topic until I loaded up my DSTwo and saw DSx86 on there.

Unfortunately I have Win7 64 which doesn't include subst.exe, and I haven't been able to find a reliable source for it elsewhere. Might see if I can find an old copy of MsDos somewhere around here...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr