Hacking DSX fixed

taipion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought I'd share my little story here in hopes it might help someone else out. First off I'd like to say that I've had my DS-X 4Gbit for over a year now and I have nothing but praise. Everything game I've ever tried has worked, until the ARM7 fixes were necessary, and the ARM7 fix has always worked on the games I've played.
yaynds.gif

The first problem I had was when firmware 1.1.2 was released. I updated and my cart was unusable. Not only would it not work in the DS, but my PC wouldn't;t even recognize it. I searched the forums a bit and found the recovery tool on the DSX site, I remember using it and that fixing the problem. That was over six months ago.

A few days ago, out of the blue, the same thing happened.
hate2.gif
However I went to the DSX site and their forums were offline. I saw the link for the recovery tool hosted in the downloads on this site but it was taken off. After about a day or so of searching I found it on the wiki site.
the tool and the driver.

I installed the driver first but I'm not sure if that had any affect, but after that I opened the recovery tool and the cart mounted with all the files still intact. I backed up and ran the tool. I think I also used the official updater tool after the recovery tool. After that I had to reformat the cart, but then I it was working again. I transfered the files over and I'm back to 100%.
grog.gif

I hope this information is helpful.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Info will be helpful for some (Or if any) DS-X users out there left.

But you should know that most of the DS-X users abandoned it. Their site probably won't come back, seeing how they refuse to do anything. I'm not telling you to change the cart or anything if you're satisfied with it, but I'm just saying that it has absolutely no support, so future games might have some serious problems.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MrSpud said:
Looks like we'll have to fix our problems ourself now that Ds-x is not online anymore.
Thank for the info:)

It's not 100% that they're not online anymore, but it seems that way from the looks of it. And there hasn't been any news of the site coming back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...