Country
Thailand
550000015872801.JPEG

550000015872802.JPEG

550000015872803.JPEG

550000015872804.JPEG

550000015872805.JPEG

credit

Hey!!! Nintendo is copying our (flashcard) idea...using microSD on DS card!!!!

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm... Those new images have officially sparked my interest. I'll be checking this out when it arrives at the store I frequently visit in Akihabara.

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This will definitely be hacked
biggrin.gif

Hopefully people will figure out easy-to-do hacks like flashing the card with new firmware which allows for homebrew and backups =)

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm this looks promising to the ds homebrew and flashcart community. Hopefully we can get this reverse engineered in no time =) The only thing im curious about is this talk of "exclusive microsd" ...you cant make it microsd specific.. can you? o.o

anyways cant we just order this from japan and have it shipped to North America to try out? (for the japanese people out there)

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Write this down people, I bet you that Nintendo's next portable console will find a way to go the firmware route. The flash card scene wasn't nearly as bad on the GBA as it is on the Ds and with the slot 1 cards being as popular as they are it could really make then next portable a beast to hack.

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
550000015872804.JPEG

550000015872805.JPEG

credit

Hey!!! Nintendo is copying our (flashcard) idea...using microSD on DS card!!!!
Nice find!

It would seem some sort of games will be offered. ..sliding puzzle games count, right?
tongue.gif

But if you look closely, you can see what seems to read "Mario DS" in one of the images.. (Plus Mario!) Maybe this means we will see some VC features!

JusDaMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
smart move on nintendo's part. If they can't beat piracy from other flash carts they made their own to draw the sales to them instead of third party's. i'm looking foward to seeing this,

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
The interface looks interesting and probably someone will get it dump for us to use it.
I doubt it, cose like there is lots of flashcarts, but can you use theire interface on let's say r4ds ? No
Im 100% shure that they will have some online id checking or something like this, so no unlegal release of theire soft could use online features. (companies already are doing that stuff like banning unlegal gamers from x-box live).

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, i was close
Wow nintendo is an idiot company. Why would they even advertise in a way, the FLASHCART? I personally am a cheap ass when it come to ninendo games. with 30 bucks a piece, i wouldnt buy it unless it was really good, or i really want it, like zelda, which i bought. One of my friends, i told him to get a r4 but he said it was too much of a hassle. The last game he bought so far was cod 4 for ds. I but lots of games for other consoles, like Mac, and PS2 (side note-Dirge of Ceberus is not that good) but only ones onder 30 dollars. I would ONLY buy a 30 dollar or more game if I really want it. I paid 12 bucks for elite force voyager (my fav star trek series) and it was quite worth it. Elite force 2 was quickly bought after. Janeways not in that one :'( Anyways, nintendo i think MIGHT be releasing that new DS with free demos downloadable online, and full games downloadable also. Maybe a MEM PAK for a other wierd slot can be plugged in acting as a memory cart, for more games. The downloadable games cannot be kept on your compy, and it would work pretty well. DLable Nes games and offical homebrew support might just make pirating end, and the DS more popular. Think of the advertisements- Get FREE demos ONLINE! Buy game in the comfort of your home! Tons of free homebrew games! People could buy more MEM PAK carts and put games on there. I would totally get that new DS. I would then buy a few MEM PAKS and put all my homebrew, and startt gettin games at the prices they sell to retailers. 10 bucks a game, pirating will not increase so much. Since the reason to pirate IS the price. 30 bucks a game? pfft, 5 games is as much as a console. The prices never drop also. Really, nintendo, use my new plan ! I know you are LISTENING.
I hope they follow my idea. I would dig that.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
By offering a completely legal alternative, people who say they buy an R4 etc only for the media side of things have less ground to stand on.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By offering a completely legal alternative, people who say they buy an R4 etc only for the media side of things have less ground to stand on.
Most people don't argue for flashcards for just the media side of things...they tend to argue for the homebrew and such.

It'll be interesting to see how well this does. Being an official Nintendo item does make a difference after all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)