Homebrew DSVideo Encoder?

-moose-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
dsvideo.recoil.org is down, and I can't find the DSV Encoder anywhere else online. If someone has it (Windows or Mac version) could you please send it to me/upload it somewhere?

Thanks.

(P.S. please don't suggest using Moonshell, as it doesn't work for me)

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
-moose- said:
dsvideo.recoil.org is down, and I can't find the DSV Encoder anywhere else online. If someone has it (Windows or Mac version) could you please send it to me/upload it somewhere?

Thanks.

(P.S. please don't suggest using Moonshell, as it doesn't work for me)
Super video converter?

Please correct me if i'm wrong
frown.gif

-moose-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ChuckMcB said:
Wayback machine says they files names are:

Windows: dsvideo-win-1.01.zip
Mac: dsvideo-macosx-1.01.zip

Hit Google and see if you can find them from there.

Thanks for that, but all the links I found are sadly dead.
[EDIT] Just did a bit more searching, and found this which appears to be the Mac encoder. They also look to have the linux version, but it's a bad link. I'm downloading the Mac one atm, but it's going at 3KB/sec.

I've sent the guy who made DSVideo a message requesting the file(s), so now I'm just hoping for a reply...

-moose-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just tried using the encoder (Mac), but I get a "Segmentation Fault" error. This might just be me doing something wrong, so I'll stick it FileTrip anyway.

Since the mac version doesn't work for me, I'm still looking for the Windows or Linux encoder.

-moose-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
flameiguana said:
What do you mean by "not working". You know its a command-line program right? There is no GUI, so you have to run it using the command prompt.

Fortunately, someone has made a GUI wrapper! http://zanzer7.net/dev/app/dsvideo-gui/

Well, I've tried running it under Wine on Linux, and get "Runtime Error!" ... "R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly" (I get the same when using the GUI). Under Windows XP and Vista it just crashes and outputs an empty (0KB) .dsv file. I still need to try the GUI on XP and Vista though.

Having the Linux version would be great, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere out there
frown.gif

[EDIT] Just tried the GUI out on Vista and it works! thank you so much for that!
biggrin.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
BlackHoleSlam1994 said:
hey guys just getting back i want to get this running on my dsi what is the site that made this break through and which is better this or moonshell for video
Generally speaking, Moonshell2 is superior for videos on the DS, rivaling (or a little behind, depending on your own views) the iPlayer in terms of quality. Moonshell's videos are supposedly more apt at displaying darker shaded videos whereas the iPlayer is more apt at playing the lighter shaded videos.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main difference between DSVideo and Moonshell is that while Moonshell's videos get blocky with compression, DSVideo's videos get blurry with compression. That's the main noticeable difference, other than the fact that Moonshell is more optimized (so for instance DSVideo has a max framerate of 12.5 fps).

It's an alternative, but usually DPG is better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw