Hacking DSTWO + vs. cfw (arm9loaderhax)

symphonic5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, forgive my noob-ness, but I've searched around and come up empty.

I bought a N3DS and ordered a DSTWO+ before I realized the advances that have been made in the homebrew community. I've been following Plailect's fantastic guide (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki) to getting cfw on my N3DS. I now have SysNAND at 9.2 and EmuNAND at 10.7. If I keep going and install arm9loaderhax, wipe out my EmuNAND, and update to 10.7 on my SysNAND, can I still use the DSTWO + card? Or is 9.2 really the limit, even with cfw?

Is there a better way for playing all of my old ROMS, forgoing the DSTWO+ completely?

I see that I can install cia files to the home menu for 3DS games, but I'd love to have my DS, NES, GBA, GB, and SNES games available, just like on my old DSTWO card on my old DS XL.
Thanks for any help!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
You can use the DSTWO+ card. The 9.2 limit is just for 3ds games.

DSTWO+ is still the best way to play GBA, SNES, and NDS games. However, you should use CFW and .cia files for 3ds games.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You have two ways:

- Use Home Menu to play 3DS, NES, GB(C), GBA and SNES and use DSTWO+ to play your DS backups.
- Use Home Menu to play 3DS only and use DSTWO+ to play DS, NES, GB(C), GBA and SNES.

symphonic5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the help! Is there any advantage to a DSTWO+? I've already got a DSTWO. Also, why the sadness about O3DSs?

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

symphonic5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again. You guys are fast! Looks like I'll have to break out the google-fu on how to inject games to my home menu!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: