DSTwo Update Error

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Zombie_X, Apr 11, 2011.

Apr 11, 2011

DSTwo Update Error by Zombie_X at 5:53 AM (9,469 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. Zombie_X
    OP

Member Zombie_X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi guys,

I ahd to update my DSTwo to work with my new 3DS, but when updating the cart via a DSLite, the update stopped at 28% then the DS powered off. Now my cart says "Update error, enter than wait 3 minutes". What the hell am I supposed to do now? It only pops up on my 3DS saying this in it's header and neither my DSiXL nor the DSLite reads it anymore. How can I recover this?

I bought it from realhotstuff USA and they were unwilling to replace the unit and neither was supercard.

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Try following the "enter than wait 3 minutes" and see if it does anything o.0? I'm supposing by saying that, it means to turn on and leave your DS (DSLite would probably be the best test subject) without touching anything for a couple minutes (hell maybe try 10 minutes, it's not too long anyways) and then restart?

3. cynful09

Newcomer cynful09 Member

United States
    Did you open a support ticket on realhotstuff.com?

4. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    As jurassicplayer said: do what the dstwo ask you to do.

To be sure it will work, put back a fresh update file in your DSTWO microSD, plug your DS/DSi on the wall charger, turn it on press A like if you were launching it then wait for about 10 minutes (to be sure).

Try on a DSi it might work better then stay on the "an error has occurred screen" for 10min then power off.

(don't do that with the 3DS).

5. RalphUp

Member RalphUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    have you tried the following:

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8384-1-1.html

look at the PART II 1% section, you will need another flash card eg R4 and a DS Lite /PHAT

Basically this is a Supercard DSTwo un-bricker...

GOOD LUCK!

6. Zombie_X
    OP

United States
    I tried the 1% section and my DSLite reboots everytime when I insert the DSTWO (without microSD). I'm not sure what to do...

And RHS has not responded to me at all in the support ticket but they did respond to my e-mail saying there was nothing they could do.

EDIT: When ever I use that unbricker application and swap tot he DSTwo it cause my DSLite to reset, but on my DSiXL I can swap the cart no problem, but I don't think the installation works.

7. RalphUp

Member RalphUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I guess your in trouble then, if the unbricker fails your only hope is a replacment, but that sounds like a no no...
    when you said it stuck at 28% was the ds plugged into ac outlet or just on battery? was battery fully charged?

when running the un-bricker are you on ac outlet?

8. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    Not sure if you've done this, but format the sd card, put only the update files, and let it update and do its thing.
    [​IMG]

9. cynful09

Newcomer cynful09 Member

United States
    Open another support ticket and you should get a response this time.

10. Zombie_X
    OP

United States
    I reformatted a 1GB sd card using the Panasonic format utility and did a full wipe of the card, then placed the correct EOS and firmware versions on the card.

The DS was plugged into the wall when it froze then the unit turned off.

With the unbricker I can't even even press B because the DSLite restarts when I put the DSTWO in. On the DSiXL I can swap card no problem but have connectivity issues or it just does not work on the system. On the DSLITE it sometimes pops up at the main menu and other times it does not.

Also I opened another support ticket on RHS. I hope someone answers me this time!!

11. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    have you tried doing what jurassicplayer said with a fresh install of EOS 1.11 and ur reformatted card?

12. Zombie_X
    OP

United States
    I have tried a fresh install and have used a fully reformatted card. Nothing works.

13. Zombie_X
    OP

United States
    I had made the other ticket and they ended up telling me no as well since I had purchased it last year and it was beyond a returning period? Hrm I had contacted Supercard as well and they said that RHS would replace it for me no problem. Man what to do what to do... I really dislike having to spend another $40 on a damned flashcart..

14. Jannet

Newcomer Jannet Member

France
    Just download the 1.09 firmwareand EOS 1.11 to the MicroSD. Maybe you have downloaded the old version which have some bugs .

15. Zombie_X
    OP

United States
    I do have both on the SD Card and I can't even access the DSTWO at all. I have an error that says I have to "wait three minutes than enter" in the NDS header. I have tried everything from Supercard to no avail. The DSTWO boots into two white screens no no luck there.. Can anyone else help?

16. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    Try another DS Lite
    When I put my SCDS2 mine resets but my brothers ds does not reset

17. Zombie_X
    OP

United States
    I don't have another DSLite and I don't know anyone else who has one... I really don't want to buy one to try this out.

18. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Buy one and when you're done return it.

Problem solved.

19. Zombie_X
    OP

United States
    As an update RHS agreed to exchange the DSTWO for a new one. Yay for me but I had some woes on the shipment:

So they said I had to pay the shipping which I don't mind and they quoted me $3 for first class and $5 for priority, so I paid for priority. Got a shipment confirmation earlier today and said they shipped it first class. I replied to the ticket asking why if was shipped first class and they said I payed for first class. I told them I sent them $5 for Priority like they asked asked. They said $5 for was for first class and $7 would be priority. I told them a flat rate priority envelope is only $4.90 and then said could they refund the the difference for their sip u and they said no [​IMG] Heck first class would only cost them under $2 anyways..

I may jsut be nitpicking but it kinda made me mad because I paid for one service and they shipped it a different way.

20. vennapoeg

Newcomer vennapoeg Newbie

France
    Well, i had this problem with a brand new Dstwo on DSi XL version 1.4.1 The most frustrating was that it worked perfectly in the beginning and then suddenly nothing. What i think happened is that my daughter launched the update and closed DS while it was doing it. Anyways, i got the same nice message instead of the logo of alex rider stormbreaker: "update error Enter, and wait 3 minutes" This stuff made me nuts for a week. No apparent solution anywhere. Then, i found out that some guy somewhere had tryied to put files except dstwoupdate.dat, so i thought in my misery to try this. Just in case i also changed the famous system file in the _dstwo folder .First i launched it on my dsi with version of 1.4 and though the logo was still the same, it let me in! I got the dstwo menu. Now i just added the dstwoupdate.dat file and it launched the update. I kept the DSi on a charger to be sure and left the console open and running for 10 minutes. After that, dstwo was perfectly working on my DSi XL 1.4.1 aswell.