DSTWO Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JuggaletteENJ, Feb 5, 2012.

Feb 5, 2012

DSTWO Question by JuggaletteENJ at 5:48 PM (830 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

Member JuggaletteENJ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I purchased a DSTwo card for my son about a month ago, and it's quit working. I tried a different micro sd card with no luck. Was gonna email who I bought it from, but I can't remember! I know I bought it with the SD card already containing the latest firmware.

I know that's vague, but any ideas of sites that sell it thay way?

Thanks!

2. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    can you recall the site you got it from? if not try this site

realhotstuff.com

it's the best site for ordering even if your not in the usa.

3. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

United States
    Can't remember the site...that's the problem :(

4. Majorami

Banned Majorami Banned

United States
    "It quit working" is pretty vague...

You didn't describer necessary variables like maybe your 3DS's firmware was accidentally updated by going on the eShop, or pressing update in the system settings. Which will block your DSTwo if you don't have the most recent system files.

And if that isn't the case, and you're able to boot up the DSTwo, you're not telling us if the system says it's microSD isn't reading, or that it can't find it's system files. Me being a Cyclo user, i was used to having it create all the files I needed for me, but when I got a DSTwo, I discovered that I need to separately download all my needed files, and they have to be in the correct location.

Take a picture of any screens you're getting and you might be able to fix things yourself.

5. Black_Knight_666

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    How did you pay for it? perhaps there is an email reciept somewhere?

6. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

United States
    My friend has a DSTWO card, and it works fine on my system. I put her Micro SD card in my DSTWO, and nothing...meaning, it doesn't show the "Stormbreaker" game in the first slot. It just doesn't detect the card at all.
    I wish I could find the email receipt...I've looked...I don't know if I deleted it or what :-( Awesome job, I know lol

7. Majorami

Banned Majorami Banned

United States
    If your mem card works on your PC, then make sure your games and saves are backed up, format your card, got to http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm
    Download Firmware_v1.13_eng.zip, go into the En folder, and drag dstwo update to the root of your mem card. rename the file with -b at the end.

Next download DSTwo latest patch at the top of the page, go into the en folder, and put the _dstwo folder in your root.
    Lastly, download the EOS files, go into the DSTWO_v.1.11_1108_engfolder, and drag _dstwo folder and ds2 boot.

This is all just to be thorough...

Next securely put your micro SD in your DSTwo, and run it on your 3DS, wait atleast 2 minutes, and restart, if you're still getting nothing, then perhaps there are two things going on, a defect is happening thats not allowing mem card access, or the unit is broke by something else. Both will need a replacement.

8. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    it could be a simple contact issue , if you get "no find sd card" then its the sd card contacts, you can use matchbook cover cardboard, or if it does no show in the home menu then try using cardboard matchbook cover in the cart slot to push the card down to the contacts ,sometimes even when i 1st got my ds 2 it didnt detect sometimes i had to eject it a few times and put it back in , and some times i had trouble with it reading the sd, all cause of contact issues, mostly it happened in my ds lite though