Hacking DSTWO Question

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a DSTwo card for my son about a month ago, and it's quit working. I tried a different micro sd card with no luck. Was gonna email who I bought it from, but I can't remember! I know I bought it with the SD card already containing the latest firmware.

I know that's vague, but any ideas of sites that sell it thay way?

Thanks!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you recall the site you got it from? if not try this site

realhotstuff.com

it's the best site for ordering even if your not in the usa.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"It quit working" is pretty vague...

You didn't describer necessary variables like maybe your 3DS's firmware was accidentally updated by going on the eShop, or pressing update in the system settings. Which will block your DSTwo if you don't have the most recent system files.

And if that isn't the case, and you're able to boot up the DSTwo, you're not telling us if the system says it's microSD isn't reading, or that it can't find it's system files. Me being a Cyclo user, i was used to having it create all the files I needed for me, but when I got a DSTwo, I discovered that I need to separately download all my needed files, and they have to be in the correct location.

Take a picture of any screens you're getting and you might be able to fix things yourself.

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has a DSTWO card, and it works fine on my system. I put her Micro SD card in my DSTWO, and nothing...meaning, it doesn't show the "Stormbreaker" game in the first slot. It just doesn't detect the card at all.
I wish I could find the email receipt...I've looked...I don't know if I deleted it or what :-( Awesome job, I know lol

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has a DSTWO card, and it works fine on my system. I put her Micro SD card in my DSTWO, and nothing...meaning, it doesn't show the "Stormbreaker" game in the first slot. It just doesn't detect the card at all.
I wish I could find the email receipt...I've looked...I don't know if I deleted it or what :-( Awesome job, I know lol
If your mem card works on your PC, then make sure your games and saves are backed up, format your card, got to http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm
Download Firmware_v1.13_eng.zip, go into the En folder, and drag dstwo update to the root of your mem card. rename the file with -b at the end.

Next download DSTwo latest patch at the top of the page, go into the en folder, and put the _dstwo folder in your root.
Lastly, download the EOS files, go into the DSTWO_v.1.11_1108_engfolder, and drag _dstwo folder and ds2 boot.

This is all just to be thorough...

Next securely put your micro SD in your DSTwo, and run it on your 3DS, wait atleast 2 minutes, and restart, if you're still getting nothing, then perhaps there are two things going on, a defect is happening thats not allowing mem card access, or the unit is broke by something else. Both will need a replacement.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be a simple contact issue , if you get "no find sd card" then its the sd card contacts, you can use matchbook cover cardboard, or if it does no show in the home menu then try using cardboard matchbook cover in the cart slot to push the card down to the contacts ,sometimes even when i 1st got my ds 2 it didnt detect sometimes i had to eject it a few times and put it back in , and some times i had trouble with it reading the sd, all cause of contact issues, mostly it happened in my ds lite though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1