Hacking DSTWO power consumption...

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was testing my card, it didn't seem much worse than any other card.

I thought it'd be a big battery drain, but it's not bad from what I could gather.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iamthemilkman said:

I thought it'd be a big battery drain, but it's not bad from what I could gather.
I guess that's just when you play a DS game though.
If you're emulating GBA or playing AVI video, it might be a big drain.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's "alright".
That's about as much as I can say, I haven't properly tested for play time when I got it I turned my DS on played around for about half an hour closed my DS (still on) came back 4 hours later opened and the light went red, with my EDGE card I could leave the DS on and closed over night and it still be green in the morning.
since then I haven't had my DS off the charger while playing it.
Don't take mine seriously I have no idea what state my battery was in when I tried it, no idea if it was fully charged or not.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
iamthemilkman said:

I guess that's just when you play a DS game though.
If you're emulating GBA or playing AVI video, it might be a big drain.

I actually did the latter (GBA emulation). The only DS game I really tested out for a good bit was the new PoP.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not really bad. I only used this cart for the GBA emulation for 2 days and my battery still hasn't died yet on the DS lite using lowest light. But I wasn't play for a lot within those 2 days maybe like 4 hours or so

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I spent a bit of time using free cheat on a few games (fuzzy search is a rather good feature when coupled with RTS), battery lasted about 1 hour 30 mins, but that wasn't full charge.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarkWay said:
It's "alright".
That's about as much as I can say, I haven't properly tested for play time when I got it I turned my DS on played around for about half an hour closed my DS (still on) came back 4 hours later opened and the light went red, with my EDGE card I could leave the DS on and closed over night and it still be green in the morning.
since then I haven't had my DS off the charger while playing it.
Don't take mine seriously I have no idea what state my battery was in when I tried it, no idea if it was fully charged or not.
Even if a flashcart drains the battery when you're playing a game/watching a vid on it, it still shouldn't use up a lot of battery power.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
To me it doesn't seem much worse unless you're doing GBA emulation or the Free Cheat feature. Both of those seem to use the extra CPU more than the cart generally does. It seems like they're doing pretty good at keeping the CPU in some kind of 'idle' power saving state when not needed or at least keping it clocked down or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing