Hacking DSTWO PLUS will be released in October

jamesbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today we get news from http://supercard.sc/.

They will release the dstwo plus new page today later!

It supports all 3DS, NDS, SFC, GBA!

Chinese version: http://chn.supercard.sc/

dstwo-plus-2.jpg

From: http://www.max-console.com/content/39-dstwo-plus-will-be-released-today-later

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's cool, I'm of course going to just wait for the reviews and video coverage before I jump on board though. Perfect timing too, I just ordered my regular DSTwo. :unsure:

Edit: Farther Opinions

Read the english version, seems it's essentially a DSTwo with more RAM and a slightly more powerful CPU with Gateway Emulation? Mmm- I'm good with the standard version, if gateway ever updates to support 10.1.0-27 and it works on this- I'll order one, but that's pretty much the only way I'd consider it.

Honestly, CFW will probably end up > then flashcarts anyway.

Now, the only way this could've been truly awesome is if they added the button and internals of Sky3DS but instead, made the button toggle the cart from DS mode to 3DS mode- and wrote a DS mode plugin that allows you to control what 3DS game is flashed instead of the "button to toggle through roms" method that the stupid Sky3DS uses. GUI > Toggle Buttons after all.

Last edited by CheatFreak47, , Reason: additional opinions

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So from what I understand from the Chinese version (based on the Gateway pic), it's a Gateway clone + 3 other consoles support ?

Google Translate :

"Analog Gateway 3ds card, no two cards directly overlooked blue card section. Gateway plug-in can support 3DS games. No lock area limitation, any version of the game can be played, not to break the genuine system certainly can not cross. Cross-playing games is very good flashcard function, such as God did not have to play a genuine fundamental play. US version, Japanese version, the Hong Kong version of the game can be played. Plug-in installation method is the same as the previous method DSTWO, Gateway Use Please click below "GW Tutorial" connection."

It seems like a Gateway Card without the need for additional hardware.

Last edited by Ra1d,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So from what I understand from the Chinese version (based on the Gateway pic), it's a Gateway clone + 3 other consoles support ?
i was about to edit my previous post but figure out i would reply you...
it's a DSTWO and a gateway on the same card basically...
the other 3 "consoles" are just the NDS normal card with the emulators that we currently have...

edit: http://eng.supercard.sc/

they say the dstwo+ do emulate a gateway card...

Last edited by migles,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
"No region limitation, any version games can work on any version 3DS."

Am I misunderstanding something, or is it implying that it will work on 9.3+?
probably some missinformation to spread hype... i place my bet the "asterisk" on that sentence is that you must use EMUNAND for use it with all version 3ds
or maybe just misleading translation that says "you can use a japanese game on a european 3ds (for example)"

Last edited by migles,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The specs are listed on their official English website. They are claiming both perfect GBA and SNES emulation on the dstwo plus thanks to the doubled cpu mzh and the 32 mb of ram.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I think it would have been a better idea to emulate Sky. Free CFW basically equals GW as it is.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I forgot about brickway, might want to hold off until things get clearer, lel, Gateway won't be handing over their product that ez.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
The site says SNES emulation is done by CATSFC. Would this be any faster than say, Retroarch's CATSFC core on an N3DS? Seems pretty unimpressive if not since *hax are free..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol