Hacking DSTWO PLUS will be released in October

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't NEED an onboard CPU to work on the 3DS
Yes, it's true.
The only real reason for the presence of CPU (historically) is the GBA emulation and problematic somes games (opera browser, Pokemon for example)
You can not use the RAM without CPU.
Remember: in 2004 Nintendo released the DS with a GB / GBA port which enabled emulation with a linker slot2
2008: Nintendo announces a third version of the Nintendo DS, DSi without slot2.
Goodbye GB (A) emulation, goodbye Guitar hero who had left some months ago, goodbye Opera and pokemon.
just look at the R4i Gold's many hardware revisions.
it's a good metaphor but don't forget that originally ALL R4i, R4SDHC, R4GoesToTheBeach Deluxe ... are fakes, clones and imitation of R4 whose production has ceased around years 2007/2008/2009

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
An admin posted different videos showing dstwo+ in action.
For the gba/snes/ds part, it's basically the same as the dstwo.
For the 3ds plugin, it looks like a mset exploit installer. So far, the video only shows the guy fiddling around the rom selector and launching a few games. Yet, at some point in the video, you can see a dev menu icon in the rom selection so there might be more than just that.
No actual info about its compatibility with different firmwares and systems yet (though the gateway plugin video heavily suggests it's going to be 4.x-9.2 only).

link to the thread on dstwo's english forum:
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-12428-1-1.html

links to the different videos
gba :
snes :
ds :
3ds :

Last edited by koim,

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like they optimized the emulators for 3ds. (Golden Sun at full speed, finally)
Other than that, I see no difference between having this and having DSTWO + Gateway, other than having one cart for everything.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
An admin posted different videos showing dstwo+ in action.
For the gba/snes/ds part, it's basically the same as the dstwo.
For the 3ds plugin, it looks like a mset exploit installer. So far, the video only shows the guy fiddling around the rom selector and launching a few games. Yet, at some point in the video, you can see a dev menu icon in the rom selection so there might be more than just that.
No actual info about its compatibility with different firmwares and systems yet (though the gateway plugin video heavily suggests it's going to be 4.x-9.2 only).

link to the thread on dstwo's english forum:
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-12428-1-1.html

links to the different videos
3ds :

It's kinda odd they only showed 4.5 running old games in sysnand. You have to hope they have emunand working.

lol, and the '3ds plug-in' is nothing more than the .nds mset installer. Could have just run that from the normal menu, but I guess showing it off as a plug-in is a savvy marketing move.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disappointed there's no reason to get this if you are on 9.2 or below I guess Gateway and Supercard are still hoping for stupid customers to buy their products with no knowledge of CFW.

Reactions: Shadow#1

Alberto2345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I emailed them asking about the firmware and 3ds compatibility and they said that because its an emulator of the gateway, its whatever the gateway supports. So ye, unless gateway comes out with an update to bring compatibility to the latest firmwares, the DStwo Plus will only be compatible up to 9.2 or whatever the gateway currently supports. Not too surprising to hear that though.

And in the email, they said that it would be released October 10th.

Alberto2345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And just to add to that, I just got an email from gateway confirming that the DSTwo Plus is a clone and is NOT in any way affiliated or have a deal with Gateway.
They said that with the next big update coming which will bring cheats support, they can't guarantee that the DSTwo will be compatible with the updates and may cause issues or even the 3ds to lock/brick.
So that answers that question :P

EDIT: SS of email to confirm:
b44a02153a.png

Last edited by Alberto2345,
Reactions: RainThunder

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
So basicly, if you already own a DSTwo, no need to get the + version :P
Well, we now know that the DSTwo + will have a really great feature that will probably get your 3DS to show a cool blue screen permanently! The purchase is totally justified!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii