DSTWO Freezing Issue

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by JakeTheOneDude, Mar 17, 2015.

1. JakeTheOneDude
    OP

JakeTheOneDude Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2015
    United States
    I've determined that the problem is the SD Card reader. Whenever I play for about 5 minutes or so or go into the Supercard In-Game menu, everything freezes up. I've been able to use the SD Card in my brothers Supercard, but his SD still froze on mine. Also sometimes the supercard will run but the data will appear to look super corrupted, and removing and re-inserting the SD fixes this. So it's certainly a problem with that SD Reader, does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it? I've tried that paper method to get the SD to stay in place better, but that didn't work. I also tried cleaning it out to the best of my abilities. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Spectro87

Spectro87 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2012
    United States
    Are you talking about the actual Supercard or the card reader that comes with it? Sorry, your post confused me a bit. If it's the latter, you should just try a different reader.

3. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I have a freezing issue also, mine happens when opening the menu of emulators (CATSFC, NDSGBA, etc). I am wondering what is causing it and also if there is a fix for it...

4. syfyTy

syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

Apr 11, 2011
    United States
    Tazmily, USA
    Just wanted to add a note< I alsso have been haviong a freezing issue, however, I have tried alternate SDHC cards, althernate RoMS even alternate DStwo cards (I own several) they freeze upon auto save after several minutes of play in many games which auto save. By replacing with new rom it has corrected the issue but exactly why would they all become corrupted? This may not be the same issue as others, since I have not noticed it only in CATSFC or NDSGBA but have noticed it there also... Mine did not happen upon menu use though..

Mine reeks of corrupted files of some sort though I cant imagine how, as I manage them carefully to back up saves and maintain the cards files regularly.