dstwo card not working

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Bree500, Jul 7, 2011.

Jul 7, 2011

dstwo card not working by Bree500 at 3:09 PM (4,651 Views / 0 Likes) 36 replies

1. Bree500
    OP

Member Bree500 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I get the error message NO FIND SYSTEM FILES.

I purchased two new sdhc memory cards and non of them seem to work with the dstwo card. The brands that i bought were sandisk and patriot.

The first sandisk micro sd card that i bought works fine, but i thought i lost that card, so i went ahead and bought two new micro sd memory cards and non of them load up.

I formatted it with my pc format and i even did the format with panasonic and still i get the same message, NO FIND SYSTEM FILES.

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

2. Bree500
    OP

United States
    Here is an update. I formatted it and this time i used it on my acekard 2i and the micro sd memory cards worked perfectly. Then i went back and formatted it again and tried it on the dstwo card and i got the same message again, NO FIND SYSTEM FILES I see a light blue screen.

The weird thing is, the first micro sd memory card works fine on the dstwo card. I can't figure out why other two micro sd cards don't work with dstwo card.

3. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    list out all of the directories/files on the root of your microsd card

4. Bree500
    OP

United States
    ds2Video, dstwoplug, dstwo v0427_eng, ireader, moonshl2, ndsgba, ndssfc, readme file.

Files above, the rest are the winrr zip files of the files above.

I have the same thing on another san disk micro sd card, so i don't understand why these the two other micro sd cards don't work.

I gave up on it this morning.

And no, i don't think updating the operating system to the latest version will make a difference. I tried that the first day that i got the card, and it didn't work.

5. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    You need to take out the _dstwo and ds2boot.dat from that "v0427_eng" folder and throw them on the root. That's your whole problem.

6. Terminator02

United States
    go in to dstwo v0427_eng folder, put all of the files in there onto the root

P.S. that EOS is outdated, try this one

7. Bree500
    OP

United States
    then why did this work before? I did mine this way by watching a video on youtube. I had to bypass all the 7 year old kids videos tutorials until i found a decent video to take instructions from.

I will try it your way.

8. Terminator02

United States
  9. Bree500
    OP

United States
    the reason i didn't try the latest version operating system is because in the video the guy said that if you try the latest operating system, some games, etc will not work.

All this stuff is all new to me. I just got my NDS about a month ago. And i just installed my dstwo card about a week ago.

10. Bree500
    OP

United States
    what is "on the root"?

11. Terminator02

United States
    well that person would be wrong, the only thing that is remotely like that is NDSGBA, in v1.30 they changed the way the emulator runs so it wouldn't work with game_config.txt, which thus made it way less compatible with games (thus you would run 1.21 with game_config.txt)

what is the root?

Edit: and please, use the beginner's guide, not some random youtube video

12. Bree500
    OP

United States
    No more youtube tutorials for me from little kids. Since you know your stuff, here is some questions i had.

On the gba, when i play a game, everytime i touch the x button the game freezes and the gba menu screen shows. Is there a way to change the button setting so the x-button does not freeze the game each time.

on snes emulator menu screen, i see CPU frequence and graphic display mode. What are those features? Are these used when a game running too slow or too fast? how do you use those to make a game normal.

what other mp3 player / movie player media player would you recommend other than the one that is already installed on the dstwo supercard. My movie player on the dstwo card is a too slow, and i think it might be because i am using a class 2 memory card. But i wanted to try other media players just to see what they are like.

13. Terminator02

United States
    nope, it's X

graphic display mode changes the lines that it cuts out, the SNES ratio has an extra 20 or so lines compared to the ds, so those have to be cut, one mode cuts the top, the bottom, equal off the top & bottom, and the last cuts lines across the screen

and use CATSFC, not NDSSFC, catsfc has better compatibility, better grammar, touch screen controls, CPU setting 5, and an extra graphic display mode (that cuts out different lines across the screen)

iplayer or moonshell, and it's probably lagging because the resolution is too big, try converting the resolution to the DS's resolution (256 x 192), and for moonshell you need to convert your video to .dpg

14. Bree500
    OP

United States
    "and use CATSFC, not NDSSFC"

So do i remove NDSSFC first and then install CATSFC? or do i just install CATSFC and would it overwrite NDSSFC? So i take it CATSFC is snes emulator?

if X control button can't be changed that is not good. If i play any fighting game, there is no way, i can avoid not touching the x button.

I will try the resolution setting, that is reason why it was lagging, it was super slow.

What other movie player /mp3 player are out there other than Iplayer?

15. Terminator02

United States
    put CATSFC on your card, if you've already put any games/saves into your NDSSFC folder just move them into the respective folders inside the CATSFC folder

there aren't really any other good movie/mp3 players, i'd recommend moonshell for your music and iplayer for your videos, we have two iplayer optimization guides if you're interested

16. Bree500
    OP

United States
    "iplayer or moonshell, and it's probably lagging because the resolution is too big, try converting the resolution to the DS's resolution (256 x 192), and for moonshell you need to convert your video to .dpg "

I went into the iplayer, and i see display setting and the options are FULL Screen, original size, and default mode. Which one do i choose? I can't find the section where i can change the resolution setting. Where is that located?

17. Terminator02

United States
    you need to convert the actual file on your computer into the new resolution using a video converting program like SUPER (or really any other video converter, doesn't matter)

18. Bree500
    OP

United States
    "moonshell you need to convert your video to .dpg "

So i can't use any avi video's directly without having to convert them to dpg everytime?

19. Terminator02

United States
    if you want to watch them in moonshell yes

20. Bree500
    OP

United States
    i didn't even know you can watch videos with moonshell, i thought all videos and mp3 were played on the iplayer.

So to watch a video on moonshell do i put all the videos in the root?