Hacking DSTWO battery use while idle

0bvious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been keeping my DSTWO cart in the slot permanently. I know it uses more battery than other flashcards when in use, but does it use battery while it just sits there idle?

The 3DS console recognises that it is in the slot, so I wonder whether it might use some battery while idle. Any idea?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time the 3DS checks the cartridge slot (which happens often due to StreetPass), it boots up the DStwo's CPU. I've found that it adversely affects the idle battery life (almost feeling as if I never kept it in sleep mode in the first place).
Honestly, I'd recommend switching to a lower-powered cart. Even a cheap R4 will suffice.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah sleep mode with the DSTwo inserted drains the console battery a LOT faster than without. If you're putting your console to sleep for a while, close the game and pop out the DSTwo.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't use a DSTWO. Seriously, if you have a CFW, you have no reason to use the DSTWO anymore since VC injections are just better.
I suggest if you don't want to see your battery life drained, either remove the DSTWO when not in use or buy an R4i Gold (r4ids.cn)

0bvious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I only use the DSTWO for DS gaming, which I don't do very often.

Is it worth paying an extra couple of £ for a R4i GOLD 3DS RTS rather than just a R4i GOLD 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?