Hacking DSTwo and virgin 3DS

EZYESS57

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new virgin 3DS with the latest nintendo OS and a new DSTwo flash card. I have EOS DSTWO v1.11_1108(11-08) and firmware v1.13 extracted properly in the root of the SD card. After reading through the site, I am unclear whether or not I can now boot the card in my 3DS or do I still require a DS/i/xl to perform the original flash? Thanks in advance?

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would boot it in a system besides the 3DS first--also make sure whatever firmware you have is the latest (I haven't checked but hopefully what you mentioned is). If you don't have a system besides the 3DS, borrow one. Else, it should still work even if you boot it on the 3DS for the first time, but I don't guarantee anything.

EZYESS57

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. The regular DS is my problem, I just don't know anyone that owns one. What is the concern with performing the flash on a 3DS? Bricking the 3DS, the DSTwo or both?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no concern with performing it IF it can be performed, but with the DSTwo it can almost always be done since the DSTwo can update itself without starting up fully (unlike most carts).
I wouldn't go as far to say almost always, but there's no risk in trying to update it on the 3DS first, then if it doesn't work, obtaining a DS phat/lite/i/xl and doing it on there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn