Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System: N3DS 10.3.0-28U
Cart: DSTWO+
Emulators Tried: TEMPGBA, CATSFC, DSTWO GBA, SNES Emulator

When trying to run any of the above emulators on the N3DS they either freeze on launch or freeze during gameplay. I have configured the MicroSD properly.
Can anyone help out?

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It looks like you didn't setted up your sd card properly. It should work. do it again

even though you can use emulators on the dstwo, i recommend (to downgrade your 3ds to 9.2 and) using a 3ds homebrew emulator.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Here is my microSD structure if it helps.
2yngj07.jpg

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bummer....I've played earthbound completely, super Mario world and currently secret of mana with no freezing at all.

Check the msd- is it a good brand purchased from Best Buy? (I. E. Known good suppliers)

Also no freezing with gpsp or any of the retro arch emus.

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could the problem be the dstwo+ itself?

I just got one a few weeks ago and it is much flakier than my old DSTWO. It sometimes black screens with "An error has occurred...." Other times it boots fine. Usually, after waiting a few minutes it boots fine. If I immediately try again, it always black screens.

I have tested it on DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS. At first, I suspected the SD card, but I've tried lots and they all work fine in anything but DSTWO+.

rs314

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to use my DS for emulators cause this thing constantly freezes. Sucks cause I wanted to use the bigger screen.

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to use my DS for emulators cause this thing constantly freezes. Sucks cause I wanted to use the bigger screen.

So your DSTWO+ works fine in original DS but not 3DS?

If you want a bigger screen just get a DSi XL. They're cheap. For GB(A) stuff I found this screen too big and mostly use a DSi. (DSi is even cheaper.)

Now there are loads of homebrew emulators on the 3DS. (Free.) mGBA, Gameyob(GB/GBC), blargsnes are probably the ones you want. If you're still on 10.3, homebrew is worth a try.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
10.3?

Dude. Ditch the DSTWO, downgrade to 9.2, and use RetroArch. GPSP is damn near perfect on N3DS, the SNES Emus are great, and you can even emulate a good amount of PS1 titles, too!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
10.3?

Dude. Ditch the DSTWO, downgrade to 9.2, and use RetroArch. GPSP is damn near perfect on N3DS, the SNES Emus are great, and you can even emulate a good amount of PS1 titles, too!
he don't have to downgrade
RetroArch homebrew is very good on N3DS
and he said he have N3DS , i don't know why he is using DStwo+.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, to get fullspeed GBA, SNES With Audio, and PS1, he'll need to, since those enhancements require ARM9.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.