Hacking dstwo a real battery killer?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my 3DS I even have a nyko powerpak and the battery will go from 4 bars to 2 in about 1 hr and 45 mins of gameplay. ( I played about 30 minutes of animal crossing after it was fully charged, then dstwo) Brightness is on 3 so it's not too high, but that seems kind of short. Is the dstwo really that bad at battery life?

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
the only problem with the DSTwo is on the 3DS when you enter sleepmode, I have the impression than the DSTwo can't tell when the 3DS enter sleepmode and keeps working like if the 3DS where in use, but when I use my DSTwo on my 3DS, I also have a Nyko powerpack+ installed and the battery last more than that, I always use the brightness at level 1 with energy save off and wifi always on.
when I use the DSTwo on my DSi the battery lasts like 8 hours with brightness at level 1 and wifi on, when the DSi is on sleepmode the battery lasts more as expected, I think is the normal battery duration.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get long life from a DS2 on my DSi but the first time tried on my 3ds (reg) it ate the battery life quickly (without a Nyko unit), ON SLEEP. However, and I have no idea why, it does not do the same [for me] on the 3ds XL, and I would have thought [pressume] they were identical in that respect.

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find the DSTWO to be not too hard on the battery when using the onboard CPU. For the majority of GBA games though, I keep the clock rate at 0, and it seems to take not much more than usual, with many games running at frameskip 1 (SMA1-4, LttP, etc.) When I am on CATSFC, I usually keep the clock at 5 for playing things such as SMW rom hacks. It does get quite warm when I do so, but nothing dangerous.

I've found leaving it in the 3DS (not XL) while in the tempGBA the battery to drain real fast, haven't tested this in a regular DS or DSi though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning