KnightSolaire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
I've been lurking for some time now, trying to find the solution to my problem, but I cannot.
Therefore, I must post this problem:

I own a DSlite and a 3ds, as well as a Supercard DSTwo.
The DSTwo has had no problems working on the DSlite whatsoever.

It is fully updated to EOS 1.11 and firmware 1.25 which says it is completely compatible with the latest 3ds firmware (Version 8.0.0-18U), which is what my 3ds has.

However, when I plug it into my 3ds, the alex stormrider icon comes up, and I enter it, I get the dreaded black screen with "An Error has occurred..."

I have tried all suggestions I could find, placing tape behind the leads, inserting paper with the card to ensure good connection, reinstalling everything on a new formatted microSD card...

Nothing works.

The DSTwo worked ONCE. Just ONCE. Now it wont. Nothing changed between then and now, so I cant understand what the deal is.

Other DS cartridges work absolutely fine on the 3ds and the DStwo works in the DSlite, so I know it's not the 3ds's problem.

Is there any way to fix this?
Is this a known issue?

For a company that says that it's cards are compatible with the 3ds, it doesn't seem to be living up to that promise very well.
Especially since regular DS cartridges work just fine and the DStwo, which is designed for the DS, doesnt.

KnightSolaire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine what that might be, if I am doing something incorrectly.
I thought it was a firmware compatibility issue, but I have the latest version, and it says "firmware v1.25 support DSi 1.45 and 3DS 8.0.0.18x".
My 3ds is at firmware V 8.0.0.18U, so that cant be it.
And the card itself works in my DSLite, so the card is working fine.
I have no clue how I could be doing something else wrong.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
dstwo also works fine here with no problem.

try to update the card again, and make sure you delete the firmware from the card.. the problem could be from a bad update...

try with the micro sd empty it should bring up a message "no find sd card"

when and where you bought the card?

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine used to do that a lot. What I started doing is insert the card and select Alex Stormrider as soon as it comes up (instead of leaving the card in and selecting it at my leisure). Since I started doing that I've never had problems.

Hopefully it'll work for you too.

KnightSolaire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaide, that fix seemed to work for me when I tried it. I turned on the 3ds, clicked the cart in, and as soon as the icon came up, I entered it. Worked just fine.
Once.
Then I turned off the system to repeat the process and the old Error has Occurred message is back. Can't get back into the DStwo, though the icon shows up just fine.

Is it alright to turn off the 3DS while inside the DSTwo menus or games?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Zaide, that fix seemed to work for me when I tried it. I turned on the 3ds, clicked the cart in, and as soon as the icon came up, I entered it. Worked just fine.
Once.
Then I turned off the system to repeat the process and the old Error has Occurred message is back. Can't get back into the DStwo, though the icon shows up just fine.

Is it alright to turn off the 3DS while inside the DSTwo menus or games?

that looks like a defective card.... maybe you should try to get a replacement to modchip central?
does the card got that plastic which separated the pins?

KnightSolaire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the card was defective, I wouldn't think it would work in the regular DS, though. And it does work there perfectly.
I'm attaching an image of the pin side of the card.
I believe it does have the plastic you're referring to.
2014-07-13 17-12-14.374.jpg

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This issue has been reported multiple times.
I think there is no real solution to this other than getting a new one.
You can check similar threads for solutions though.

KnightSolaire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've lurked around here for a good couple of weeks combing through, and trying every suggestion. Unfortunately, nothing works...
It's so bizarre that the card works in the NDSL perfectly, but not the 3DS, and as far as I can tell, everything involving the physical chipset works just fine.

xEpsilon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem and ordered mine around the same time as you. What micro sd are you using? I ask this because I've read that you need a higher quality micro sd to use the DSTwo on a 3DS. I haven't tested this myself because I don't want to blow cash on a class 10 that still won't work.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The problem lies with the shape of the dstwo and the slot of the 3ds. There's not much to do about it, except for making the dstwo card fit more loosely or more snug, whichever you think is the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle