Hacking DSTT Resetting DS user settings?

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why it's happening, but now and again since adopting a DSTT as my full time Slot-1 cart, my DS will occasionally lose the time, or date, or even all of my user settings, and make me re-enter my name, birthday, etc as if it were factory reset.

Also, sometimes it will boot to the NDS splash screen before going to the DSTT menu. -- other times it goes straight to the DSTT menu from powerup (using flashme v8 non-auto, to boot directly to slot 1.)

In addition, one time I removed the cart (but not the microsd), and when I put it back in, the DSTT claimed it was missing the loader... I put it in my PC and it turns out, the MicroSD card was completely erased!

I don't think I've been doing anything particularly WRONG; I haven't been abusing the cart or my DS, in fact I've been doubly careful due to the relative delicacy of these kinds of devices...and I've been observing safe file handling etiquette -- ejecting the disk and such rather than just yanking it out of the USB slot...

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else?

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never happened to me, but I'm not in the same boat at you:

ShadowStitch said:
using flashme v8 non-auto, to boot directly to slot 1.
Doesn't describe me. Might I humbly suggest re-flashing with the normal NDS BIOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD