Hacking DSTT - Purple Screen!

032193sid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i accidentally deleted the 'default' folder in the skins folder of my DSTT! Now all im getting is purple bars when i turn on my nintendo DS! plz help me, i just got it today and now i feel miserable
unsure.gif

rajendra82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
032193sid said:
i accidentally deleted the 'default' folder in the skins folder of my DSTT! Now all im getting is purple bars when i turn on my nintendo DS! plz help me, i just got it today and now i feel miserable
unsure.gif

Then why not put the default folder back? Go to ndstt.com and download the firmware, which includes the folder you deleted.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
either that or just make a folder where its supposed to be and unzip all the image files from a custom dstt theme from ndsthemes or somewhere into that newly made default folder
smile.gif

032193sid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rajendra82 said:
032193sid said:
unsure.gif

Then why not put the default folder back? Go to ndstt.com and download the firmware, which includes the folder you deleted.
where would i download it? i went to the NDSTT site and i couldnt find the firmware, could you post a link plz?

032193sid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
How did you install the firmware the first time if you didn't know where to get it from?

-Bri

i ordered the dstt with a 4G memory card w/ the files already on it. i wanted to add a new skin so i thought i should delete the default one first...

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if you want to add a new skin, you should delete the default one first. HOWEVER, the new one also needs to be renamed "default" so that the files are an exact replacement of the ones already there.

-Bri

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...I got the purple bars back when I first got mine too... lucky I got a lot of help from the people here
biggrin.gif

Especially Bri who seems to know absolutely everything about the TTDS. He's a genius.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@032193sid: Glad you got it working!

@Hehe Moo: I don't know everything about the DSTT, and I'm definitely not a genius! I happened to have gotten one of the first DSTT's made which I used for a long time (before replacing it with an Acekard 2), so I got to know it pretty well.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)