Hacking DSTT - Files needed?

juancarlos234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I just got a DSTT today. There were no instructions or anything in the box.

I stuck the MicroSD I was using in my phone into it, and when I turned it on, it just said Loading... then switched to "Menu?"

Are there any files I will need to get it working?

If so, I would greatly appreciate someone linking me to said files.

juancarlos234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks mate, got it up and running
happy.gif

edthered

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

Im new to this

ive today recieved the dstt card with no cd ive been onto the website and downloaded the latest ttmenu now what do i do with it ive put it on the sd card and when i put it in the dslite i get a red menu sign with a question mark come up any ides what im doing wrong

please help as this is for a friends daughter for christmas

kind regards

ed

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
What doe sit say on the question mark .

Blue means , no SD card
Red means no system file i think

Reformat your TF to FAT32 and place all agian

Be sure to place the TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU.SYS in the ROOT of your card
like this:

\TTMENU
TTMENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Guys,
The DSTT being fairly new on the market is leading to a lot of questions about how to get the card up and running. From memory, some cards advertise that the os and moonshell etc.. are pre loaded, but they are not! Perhaps a sticky on "How to set up a DSTT" would be appropriate. It could include a download link for the firmware, instructions for beginners on the basic folders/files required to get the card to boot, and any other basic stuff to help out.

I know that none of the setup is all that high tech, but I'm sure it would be appreciated by those who need it.

When a "... how do I get my card to work..." thread is posted, a reply with the link could be posted soon after to sort it out.

Just a suggestion

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The website address is on the DSTT box. Even my DSTT review states you need to copy the latest TTMenu found on the website to the card.

If people really need more pointers they didn't research their purchase enough. That's how I feel anyway.

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A link from the linked R4 thread. said:
Usage
Q) How do I set up the card?
A) Make sure your MicroSD card is visible in your operating system (via the supplied MicroSD card reader or SD card converter or other methods). Download the most recent firmware / kernel (R4 or M3s). Extract to the root of your MicroSD card (i.e. X:\ , where X is the MicroSD drive letter). Overwrite existing files if need be. Add ROMs to the root folder too. Insert MicroSD card into R4/M3s and boot up the Nintendo DS with the R4/M3s in slot1. The most recent firmware (as of 04/04/07) is 1.08b for R4DS and 1.04B for M3s - but both have the same functionality.
The information you're talking about (setting up the DSTT before first use) isn't even in the thread you linked, you have to read enough of it to know that there is a another link leading from it to the quoted instructions.
blink.gif
How are these instructions materially different from:

www.ndstt.com said:
1?Update the kernel
Connect the TF card to PC by the card reader, insert CD, copy the " TTMENU " directory and TTMenu.dat file from the necessary language directory to the root directory of TF card (e.g. the simplified kernel file).

2?Copy ROM file
Connect the TF card to PC by the card reader, copy ROM (file) or homebrew to TF card.
A page exactly like the one you linked already exists for the DSTT. Why reproduce the work in the forum? Not being able to figure out how to use the device just because it doesn't come with a magic Wizard to hand-hold you through it is nothing short of sheer laziness, in my opinion. Okay, so no CD came with your DSTT. Big deal. Obviously people who have bought the product know how to use the internet (or they wouldn't know about it), it's just a couple more clicks, some reading, and some common sense to get it up and working with instructions and a downloaded kernel from the manufacturer's site.

Still, common sense is in short supply (at least in this country), so a thread like the R4 one you're advocating will surely soon materialize in this forum. Give it time, it's a young product yet.

Opium
If people really need more pointers they didn't research their purchase enough. That's how I feel anyway.
Exactly.

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I appreciate your passion, and as you say;
"...so a thread like the R4 one you're advocating will surely soon materialize in this forum..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm