DSTT Does not boot, DOA? And DSTT menu item query...

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by LivePixel, Dec 14, 2010.

1. LivePixel
    OP

Newcomer LivePixel Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi all [​IMG]

I've been using my trusty DSTT for years now and its never failed on me ,always does what I want it to do. Ordered 2 new ones to go with 2 Xmas Nintendo DS console gifts, and one of them does not seem to work.

At first, neither would work. The first one would stay stuck on the 'Loading' screen, but eventually started working randomly. The other one does not boot at all, even without a Micro SD card in it. I'm guessing this one is DOA? Both are exactly the same. They have the Micro SD card slot toward the left of the card, while my old one has it on the right. Both have the same latest official firmware, but obviously this seems like a hardware issue. Am I right? I'm guessing I should just arrange for a replacement?

Also, a question regarding a DSTT that works! When you have *.nds files listed with their icon and name, there is always a file underneath which has the name of the original file, but with an underscore character before it, and the file is always tiny, like about 4K. What are these files as they are not actually on the cards? How can I remove these from the menu?

Thanks all for reading and looking forward to your assistance.

[​IMG]

2. mathyuowns

Banned mathyuowns Banned

Australia
    Try Formatting the SD or get a refund

Ive never gotten the Underscore thing before

3. LivePixel
    OP

Newcomer LivePixel Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for replying! It's going back for a refund then. Must be a dud.

And as for extra files listed, this has always been the same, I have no idea what the files are and where they are coming from. :S If anyone else can help with this please let me know!

Thanks again [​IMG]