DSTT Card Help!!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by stuwho, Jul 24, 2009.

1. stuwho
    OP

stuwho Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2009
    Put the latest firmware/software on the card so as newer games would play. But have now got problems loading the card when the DS is switched on. Several different things happen, e.g. when I switch the DS on it sometimes comes up with a faded DS startup page, then freezes, or it comes up with the normal DS startup age then the top screen goes black, or sometimes after switching it off & on about a dozen times, it starts up ok. Is there a problem with the new firmware, I think it's 1.17. When it des play the games all work ok. Any ideas

2. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    You may have a contact problem, or you may have a fake DSTT. The official firmware contains fake-killer code which writes random bits to the internal memory of the flash card (not the microSD card) that will slowly "kill" a fake DSTT.

See the FAQ stickied to the top of the DSTT forum for more information on what to do. If yours is a fake and has been "killed" by the fake-killer code, you can restore it and then install the unofficial 1.17a02 firmware (it has the fake-killer code removed).

If it's a contact problem, it's a little more difficult to fix and you may need to return it to where you got it from.

-Bri

3. stuwho
    OP

stuwho Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2009
    Any idea where can I get the unofficial 1.17a02 firmware?

4. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Read the FAQ that is stickied to the top of the DSTT forum. The FAQ knows all.

-Bri

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice