DSTT Card Help!!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by stuwho, Jul 24, 2009.

Jul 24, 2009

DSTT Card Help!! by stuwho at 4:47 PM (774 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. stuwho
    OP

Newcomer stuwho Newbie

United Kingdom
    Put the latest firmware/software on the card so as newer games would play. But have now got problems loading the card when the DS is switched on. Several different things happen, e.g. when I switch the DS on it sometimes comes up with a faded DS startup page, then freezes, or it comes up with the normal DS startup age then the top screen goes black, or sometimes after switching it off & on about a dozen times, it starts up ok. Is there a problem with the new firmware, I think it's 1.17. When it des play the games all work ok. Any ideas

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You may have a contact problem, or you may have a fake DSTT. The official firmware contains fake-killer code which writes random bits to the internal memory of the flash card (not the microSD card) that will slowly "kill" a fake DSTT.

See the FAQ stickied to the top of the DSTT forum for more information on what to do. If yours is a fake and has been "killed" by the fake-killer code, you can restore it and then install the unofficial 1.17a02 firmware (it has the fake-killer code removed).

If it's a contact problem, it's a little more difficult to fix and you may need to return it to where you got it from.

-Bri

3. stuwho
    OP

Newcomer stuwho Newbie

United Kingdom
    Any idea where can I get the unofficial 1.17a02 firmware?

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Read the FAQ that is stickied to the top of the DSTT forum. The FAQ knows all.

-Bri