DSPack v1.94

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, Jul 15, 2011.

Jul 15, 2011

DSPack v1.94 by VatoLoco at 3:09 AM (5,406 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. VatoLoco
    OP

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    [tn=250]http://gbatemp.net/news/DSPack12011-07-14.png[/tn] [tn=250]http://gbatemp.net/news/DSpack2-2011-07-14.png[/tn]​

Copper has updated DSPack to version 1.94. Please see the change log for more information about this update, and for a list of supported ROM files (from 1.8 to 1.94) check out the project's post linked below.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Post

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Only two issues remain that I have found so far. Neither is game-breaking, just minor sound annoyances.

Crush Roller - all variations emit a high-pitch tone after losing all your guys (game over). Tone will continue until you either reset back to the main menu or start a new game.

The second issue is one I'd like confirmation as to if anyone else is experiencing it; 2 to 3 times a minute, there will be a half-second distortion in the sound. It seems to be present across ALL the games.

Beyond those two issues, all games now seem to be playing as intended, though I'm still working on updating my PC MAME emu to the latest version to compare. I should be done with gathering that together by the end of today.

3. JohanX

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    OK - I am a MAME noob, so please bear with me.

I DLed the latest version. The readme says that I have to patch it with a DLDI and Linkers patch. Is this necessary if I am using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO? I thought that patching was not necessary for that?

When I load the program on my 3DS, the screens turn black then I get a "SOFTWARE CLOSED" message from the 3DS.

Also, I went to download some MAME games and I found a version of frogger. However, the ZIP file contains a bunch of files ending in numbers, such as frogger.609, frogger.608, etc. Do I need all of these files in orfer for this to work?

ANy help or pointers to a FAQ would be appreciated....

4. Rayder

United States
    No, you don't need to patch it if you're using an AceKard.

Read the readme.txt that comes with the DSpack download, it should explain everything you need to know. Collect up the ROMs you need and put them in a folder called "MAMERoms". (Don't ask where to get ROMs) Leave the ROMs zipped in the MAMERoms folder, don't unzip them. You can put the DSpack.nds anywhere you want.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    frogger was last updated with mame 0.53. So you'll want to find a copy that isn't older than that, which shouldn't be to hard as thats a pretty old update.

something rayder didn't mention is that the mameroms directory you create should go into the root of you microsd card.

-another world

6. dickfour

Banned dickfour Banned

United States
    It's just about the shittiest the the world when you make an emulator and don't upload the romset somewhere so we can find it.

7. Rayder

United States

The ROMs you need are clearly listed in the readme included with the download. For reasons of copyright, not to mention forum rules, a link to the ROMset cannot be provided here. I'm sure you know how to use Google, right? M.A.M.E. is an acronym for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. The readme lists the MAME ROMs DSPack uses to play the games DSPack supports. Yes, it's a PITA to hunt them all down, but if retro arcade games are interesting to you, then it is ultimately worth it to do the work to find them as this homebrew is AAA stuff for retro arcade game fans.

Long story short, chill dude. Google is your friend.

8. dickfour

Banned dickfour Banned

United States
    Blah blah blah. That's all I'm hearing. The truth of the matter is this emulator is picky about what roms it loads. So you have to spend the better part of an hour chasing down mame roms and repacking them because file 004 is miising . Believe me, I've got ten gigs of mame roms. When I'm using mame for Dongoo or the Wiz or anything else I can find the full set for that particular emulator on megaupload or some such similar place. All I'm saying is if you make an emulator where most of the roms from the usual places don't work have the consideration to upload it somewhere so it'll turn up in a search.

9. Another World

Colombia
    grabbing files from he most recent mame update will result in a playable rom set. it really isn't as hard as you are attempting to make it seem.

-another world

10. Rayder

United States
    I'll ask again, can anyone confirm these two issues? At this point, all games seem to be running as intended (as compared to MAME 143), other than those 2 sound issues. I just want to confirm that those sound issues exist for everyone and aren't just me.

11. Another World

Colombia
    i can confirm the crush roller sound issue.

-another world

12. Rayder

United States
    So you're not getting that half-second sound distortion that happens to me 2 to 3 times a minute across all games?

13. Another World

Colombia
    i honestly haven't had the time to test that one so i didn't want to comment on it yet.

-another world

14. Another World

Colombia
    i've been playing with the emu a bit more. i do have some random sound bursts but they aren't happening as frequently as you described them. i've heard it happen twice and that was during about an hour of playing different games. i play each game on average for about 5-10 minutes.

-another world

15. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    The sound bursts are not random, they happen every 32 seconds on all games.