DSOrganize contender... DSuite Organizer

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ozzymud, Aug 31, 2008.

Aug 31, 2008
  1. ozzymud
    OP

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Searched around here for this, only came up with a rather long thread where is was listed by 1st name only and no description that i could find.

While searching for a text file editor for someone in another thread, i came across DSuite 1.02 (last updated middle of 2007)

This program has a DS(Start) menu with nested folders, a descktop with dragglable icons(changes dont appear to save), and on the desktop is has the following:

Calander: crashed on saving a task (had to delete the task manually from my Acekard OS)

File Browser: worked well, double tapped a text file and it opened in notepad

Notepad: This is what makes DSuite worth it, i was suprised the DSO was the only notepad type app out there (but as i have read from others, it crashs on me way to often)

Contact List: Added a few cards, they were there next time i ran it (has name, surname, 2x phone, address{5 part}, and e-mail fields)

Calculator: a very basic calculator

All above was listed under "Office"

Next to that in the main toolbar is an "Entertainment" button, taping it moves to a 2nd desktop, with:

Air Hocky: Decent but addictive table air hockey game

Paint: it aint Colors! but it crashed anyways.

I have no clue if anyone is still developing this, but it is the most elegant app ive seen for the DS yet.

original post http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/tags/index.php/dsuite/
    last update i can find (26 May 2007): http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57902

Now to track these guys down and tell em about a bounty :P

2. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
  3. SolidusRegime

Newcomer SolidusRegime Member

Australia
    This is definitely a promising application. If the creators put more work into it, then it would definitely be a replacement of DSOrganize.

One thing I would kill for is an application like this that uses a slot 2 device for extra ram. It would be like having an OS on your DS.

4. Sp33der

Member Sp33der GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    DSLinux?

Owhyea this really looks promising but it's almust a year gone D: