DSOrganize contender... DSuite Organizer

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ozzymud, Aug 31, 2008.

1. ozzymud
    OP

ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    Searched around here for this, only came up with a rather long thread where is was listed by 1st name only and no description that i could find.

While searching for a text file editor for someone in another thread, i came across DSuite 1.02 (last updated middle of 2007)

This program has a DS(Start) menu with nested folders, a descktop with dragglable icons(changes dont appear to save), and on the desktop is has the following:

Calander: crashed on saving a task (had to delete the task manually from my Acekard OS)

File Browser: worked well, double tapped a text file and it opened in notepad

Notepad: This is what makes DSuite worth it, i was suprised the DSO was the only notepad type app out there (but as i have read from others, it crashs on me way to often)

Contact List: Added a few cards, they were there next time i ran it (has name, surname, 2x phone, address{5 part}, and e-mail fields)

Calculator: a very basic calculator

All above was listed under "Office"

Next to that in the main toolbar is an "Entertainment" button, taping it moves to a 2nd desktop, with:

Air Hocky: Decent but addictive table air hockey game

Paint: it aint Colors! but it crashed anyways.

I have no clue if anyone is still developing this, but it is the most elegant app ive seen for the DS yet.

original post http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/tags/index.php/dsuite/
    last update i can find (26 May 2007): http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57902

Now to track these guys down and tell em about a bounty :P

2. GH0ST

GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

Dec 17, 2006
    France
    I was here... before...
  3. SolidusRegime

SolidusRegime Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2008
    Albury-Wodonga
    This is definitely a promising application. If the creators put more work into it, then it would definitely be a replacement of DSOrganize.

One thing I would kill for is an application like this that uses a slot 2 device for extra ram. It would be like having an OS on your DS.

4. Sp33der

Sp33der GBAtemp Fan

May 31, 2008
    Netherlands
    DSLinux?

Owhyea this really looks promising but it's almust a year gone D:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice