DSONEi EOS SP2 - Are there compatibility issues

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by halljames, Apr 23, 2010.

Apr 23, 2010
  1. halljames
    OP

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    WHats the crack with this EOS thing then. I was a long time Supercard DSONEi (with the old style interface) and have since returned to the scene. I bought a new DSONEi and am using the latest EOS with all the updated ndsinfo and ds1patch stuff.

Everything seems to be working okay, but I have had a few compatibility problems with a couple of games. Here are some examples.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass - at first didnt work even though spirit tracks worked fine. Its working now, and I dont know if renaming it or redownloading it fixed the issue

Infinite Space - cant get working at all. I read somewhere that it might work unpatched in clean mode. One question though, with the old OS you could set individual options for an individual game, so that certain games will run unpatched etc. I can only seem to find a global patch on or off?

Fifa 10 - Didint work, until I renamed the file to Fifa (removing the 10). Whats up with that???

Call of Duty 4 - The game launches, but when you try and start a game, the sound just stutters and it freezes. I remember playing this on the original Supercard, and the two later call of duty games work fine. Could this be a SD Card speed issue or something.

Those are the only ones so far I have had trouble with out of the handful of games I have tried.

One last question, the SD Card speed thingy. What should I set it to. The old OS had a Auto Speed Detect tool, but this one doesnt. It is currently set to 3 and I have an 8GB Kingston Class 4. Should this setting be okay?

Sorry for the long post, and I hope that someone will be able to comment.

Regards

2. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I would like to know too I got a new DSONEi too and I have been wondering that whole time I had it. Took me a week to find out about EOS so lol.

3. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm not sure what you're problem with Infinite Space could be. I've been playing it for weeks with absolutely no problems at all (and that's with patching). Bad ROM perhaps? I know mine's good, I dumped it myself (which I guess is one of the benefits of doing so, heh).

*edit*
    Oh, and yes...you can't toggle patches individually any more. You can either have patch mode (what you should generally use) and Clean mode (which might help for problem games). Cheats are seperate still.

4. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    The EOS is the Supercard Team's answer to the complaints of the old OS. The new one is much faster, better looking, and (later on) will have more features, IIRC. The only things that are truly missing are RTC, Auto SD Speed, and the megaton of ROM options. Some of those are no longer there, but they are no longer needed, imo. New notable features include: 16bit images for skins (if you like skinning), "Clean" mode that will supposedly play any ROM not working in Patch Mode, an in-game menu (that rocks), and usrcheat.dats instead of .scc's. Also, the RTG takes raw .txt files now.

Check this compatibility list made by joedanger: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-5649-1-1.html. Infinite Space (U) is working with no problems at all.

He's missing FIFA 10 and Call of Duty, but that stuff will get on there soon. From personal experience, CoD works perfectly. Try redownloading it. I have no idea what is going on with FIFA 10, though to be honest. It may just be an ndsinfo.dat issue, or an EOS SP2 issue.

5. halljames
    OP

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have just re-downloaded Infinite Space (U) and its working great. I dont know what the problem was before, maybe I had downloaded the (E) version, not sure.