DSLiveWeather Freezing Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jaidedwings, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009
  1. jaidedwings
    OP

Newcomer jaidedwings Newbie

United States
    Hello all... been reading for a bit, but this is my first post. =)

So... I've got Lick's DSLiveWeather homebrew app all set up, and have read numerous posts and threads on solutions to some problems with it... but I can't seem to find an answer to my dilemma. I'd really love to get this app running, so any and all help would be much appreciated!

It seems I've got everything in order... first off, I'm using an R4 cart. I've got the .nds file loaded correctly, with the "DSLiveWeather" folder in the root. In the app... I've got my location code "USMA0020" (Attleboro, MA), and updated the server field to "lickr.org", saved it. But when I tab over to "Currently" to update... I tap the face to connect to the AP, which works fine, but then I tap the green check mark, and the app freezes. Help!

Top screen reads:

DsWifi ready!
    LibFat ready!
    Profiles loaded. (FAT)
    Error loading reports. (FAT)
    Error loading forecasts. (FAT)
    Keys: START = save
    SELECT = view help.
    Profiles saved. (FAT)
    Connecting to AP.. Success!
    Connecting to DSLW Server..
    Receiving cc 0..
    Processing cc 0.. [512]

Is this a server-side problem that other people are finding? Or is this something I can fix on my end? I'd really love to get this handy little thing working! x.x

2. cogni

Newcomer cogni Newbie

United States
    having same prob

think this may be dead, unless someone can confirm diff

have tried all diff server configs found and still not updating

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    afaik the servers no longer working for this application and hasn't been working for a long time now!