Gaming DSlite screen blinking issue

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[SOLVED]
I'm with a DS from a friend that I've got to try repair, I've made an thread some time ago asking for help.
The problem what that it turned on one time and can't do it anymore, sometime the green light come son but off fast.
I have told that it could be F1 or F2 fuses but I tried them with a multimeter and looks like they are alive, at least passed current, so I haven't changed them.
Near F2 had an strange mark, that latter I saw that the green layer got loosen (?) on that part, I cout break it wasily :B
View attachment 34101 View attachment 34102

after breaking that I've tested if current passe don these golden point there and looked like was ok ... so I cleaned all the board with Isopropyl Alcohol, let it dry and covered this exposed are with insulating tape.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v6ba9dcerjaxbt/dslite.mp4?dl=0
(I can't use youtube now :B )
Tested and it entered that profile configuration normally, allright, atached the back part of the housing and tarte dthe profile until the part to turn off was allright, on again everything normal, without game I tried to open pictochat and then it started to blink, I turned it off, and on again, only blinking ...

what to do now?any hope?
Edit:
The problem was the Fuses all the time, I've got someone to replace them for me and everything seems fine now! Thanks everyone for the attention!

Last edited by Sliter, , Reason: Solved

Strahssis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
strahssis.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear Sliter,

I am not sure, but looking at esspecially the video, it looks to me like the screens might
not be properly connected to the main board. You could try to disconnect/reconnect the both screen's ribbon cables and
clean up their contacts with contact spray. If you haven't tried this already you should give it a try.
I hope it works!

Sincerely,

Miko, Strahssis

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey! Thanks!
I've tried recomecting but seens the same :/
Today I tried to turn it on again and was almost the same: I turned on normally, made the profile, entered pictochat a bit, turned off, started playing something (pokemon HG) , not much gampelay and this started again, and keept again...
I tried to clean the ribbons contacts and reconnect but still the same :/

Strahssis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
strahssis.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, so sometimes it does work, so there is nothing wrong with the components of your DS.
This means that there is clearly a connection problem. Right now I think of two things.

1. The ribbon cables are moving in the shell, creating an unstable/bad connection.
Try running your DS outside the shell and see if it works now.
If it works it means the ribbon cables are moving in the shell; you
could use a piece of tape and stick it to the board so they will be unable to move, if this is the case.

2. The ribbon cables are damaged, creating an unstable/bad connection.
If this is the case you are probably going to need to replace the screens
entirely, since ribbon cables are pretty much impossible to restore.

If this is the case you should probably get a new DS, since it will be
way cheaper than repairing your old one. DS Lites don't even cost
that much anymore these days; I usually get my DS's from this seller:
http://www.ebay.nl/usr/isoy-jp2015
If you are lucky you get a DS for about 3 dollars.

I hope this helps you!

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think the problem are the cables :/ maybe an component but idk

wow how does these things coust so low outside my country? xD
I think the only problem for importing is the shipping coust ...

...and it arriving here ...
I won a 2DS on a contest , shipped from UK, 6 months waiting and still no signal of it
it was sent with an cheaper shipping so no tracking number... oh well

Strahssis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
strahssis.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the components are the problem it should never work. Since it worked once, the components can't be faulty.
It must be a broken connection in some way. You could check the main board once more for any irregularities. (is that even a word?)
Also you could completely spray the board and all the connection with contact spray, let it dry and test again; it might work.

I believe the shipping cost of a Nintendo DS Lite or DSi are only $8,00 to South America and if it doesn't arrive, PayPal refunds your money,
if you ask for it. For the rest you can just bid and hope you get lucky. DS's go for like $0,99 up to and including $20,00. Never spend more than
$10,00 since you will get it for less if you just wait and bid again and get lucky eventually.

I hope this helps you!

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well thanks for the attention! Maybe I hunt one later xD If paypal does protect me so it gonna be allright.

There are something strange on the board and is what I show on the pictures... still need to show the current state of it, but I don't know if or how it's a issue since it boot for a time and give it , if I let it without battery a time and try again, it repeat the cycle :v.

Strahssis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
strahssis.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't see anything wrong in the pictures, as far as I can see. (The pictures are not very clear)
All I see is the cartridge slot soldered to the board as usual and a board that is fine.
It must a connection problem in the screens. Have you tried testing continuity through the ribbon cables and board using a multimeter?

Note: When you buy a console on Ebay, always check the regio code! (PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J)
If you get the wrong regio code the games you already own might not work.

Last edited by Strahssis,

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Strahssis
took to much but I finally asked someone to change the fuses for me, and looks like was actually the problem! thanks so much for your attention trying to help me out here!
you buy a console on Ebay, always check the region code! (PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J)
If you get the wrong r
Well at least for DS it wasn't a problem because no region lock! I saw a korean DSlite a time ago for like $61, idk if it's a good price for a DSlite even more for a region nobody cares about (and have their problems with some game loading ... well XD), but I was curious to have one :P
but I lost the page :v lol anyway only from DS below to GB it's not a problem, ... maybe Switch now? lol
anyway, thanks again!
(and sorry the late reply ... )
Also not going to give it back to my buddy until he get a proper charger this time >w>
Maybe the time making he wait is worth as punishment ? XD but without a charger he can just repeat it again ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi