DSL Replacement Case

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by Ritsuki, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Ritsuki
    OP

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Swaziland
    Hi,

I've ordered a replacement case for my DS and it should arrive today or tomorrow, so I would like to know if it's difficult to install and how much time does it take ? I consider myself as an average "do-it-yourselfer" (I did every furniture in my room with those crappy blueprints and without appropriate tools.)

Thanks

2. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
  3. Ritsuki
    OP

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Swaziland
    Don't underestimate 16 years old girl, they grow up really fast [​IMG]

Hope I won't screw up my DS. I'm so excited to receive it that I haven't sleep [​IMG]

And last question, is it better to use the original screws or those who are provided with the replacement case ?

4. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    My Tablet
    I was looking into awhile ago, and I believe it is better to use the original screws. Good luck!

5. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
  6. Ritsuki
    OP

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Swaziland
    Just received my order a few minutes ago (after only 30 minutes of sleeping). I'm pretty excited to install it, but now, I need to test my brand new SCDS2 and sleep [​IMG]

Thanks to ShopTemp for all !

7. Ritsuki
    OP

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Swaziland
    Just finished the installation of the new case, it's awesome ! But seriously, it was kinda tricky on certain parts (the bottom screen, L/R buttons). The only bad point is the d-pad (the right direction feels strange, but it's maybe an error during install). It took me like 5 hrs :/ And I thought that I had broken my upper screen, but fortunately, it was only the ribbon cable who was not well plugged