DSiWare without Updates?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by overlord00, Jan 28, 2011.

Jan 28, 2011

DSiWare without Updates? by overlord00 at 1:55 AM (1,375 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. overlord00
    OP

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    hey all,
    i have an australian dsi, update 1.3A, and with the recent news, probably a good idea to dl sudoku, however, i really dont want to update... its a personal thing.
    i own a akecard2i but updating wouldnt be an issue...

any way to access and download sudoku from the dsiware shop without the update?
    thanks

-Tim

2. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

You shouldn't have to worry, the Acekard 2i is updatable as well. If you upgrade, you can flash the Acekard to make it compatible so you can download DSiWare on the latest DSi Firmware.

Now to get myself that Sudoku game before Nintendo comes up with a fix...

3. overlord00
    OP

Australia
    not worried about acekard... i know its update-able, done one before... but i guess it really doesnt matter....
    was wondering if there was a way around updates... dns bypass maybe...? but maybe not.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's the same server, so if you stop it from updating you stop it from getting the dsiware.

No, there's no bypass.

5. overlord00
    OP

Australia
    rightio, did the update before writing this anyway... wanted me some haxxx... now to wait for a HBC and all the cool new homebrew to be ported over.