I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I searched and didn't find any topic similar to this so I thought I'd might as well create a topic for this.

We all know all DSiWare games currently cost money and there is no way to download them from a site and play them to either pirate them or test them before buying. So let's make some good reviews here!

Just post them here and I'll add a link in this post to your review.

Reviews:
WarioWare: Snapped!

Reviews I plan to make:
Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics

(The reviews I make will also go in a separate post on this topic)

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WarioWare: Snapped! Review
WarioWare_Snapped_logo.png
(http://www.mariowiki.com/Image:WarioWare_Snapped_logo.png)

Alright so this is my first review for anything related to a DS so bare with me...

WarioWare: Snapped! was one of the first DSiWare titles for the DSi. It's a game that takes advantage of the DSi's cameras to play fun minigames just like in the other Wario Ware titles.

Gameplay:

WarioWare: Snapped! is essentially just a small game with a bunch of minigames that use the DSi's camera. There are four rides/characters to choose from: Wario, Mona, Jimmy, and Kat & Ana. Each have 5 mini little mini games for you to complete using the camera built into the DSi. Each mini game is about 5 seconds and you have a very long time to complete each (compared to the old Wario Ware games and just in regular amounts of time).

Microgame_3_UMIW.png

(http://www.mariowiki.com/Image:Microgame_3_UMIW.png)

At the end of all 5 minigames the game will take all the pictures of you playing each minigame and make it into a short slideshow. The slideshow is most of the time just something to show you how silly you looked while playing the minigame, but other times it will take the pictures and make it into a short comic. There might not be many mini games but they can be fun to play multiple times. Each character has 5 different mini games to play, and Kat & Ana's ride is made for two people only so the game does have some multiplayer action.

Functionality:

Before playing each character's ride the game will ask you to align your face and hand with the outline given.

Utsusu_Made_in_Wario_1.jpg

(http://www.mariowiki.com/Image:Utsusu_Made_in_Wario_1.jpg)

It will then count to three and then take a picture (which will then automatically be deleted, it won't be saved to your DSi). Then before each mini game it will ask you to align your silhouette of any body parts required in the upcoming mini game. Both of these can be pretty difficult if you're not in a well lit area and your DSi isn't on a flat surface atleast 2 feet in front of you. If you don't correctly align your face and hand in the outline in the "photo booth" before the minigames start it will be difficult to play the games or even to align your silhouette before each minigame. Also while playing a game it won't show your actual face on the screen because it will block what's happening in the mini game, instead it shows your silhouette to help show you where your body parts are in relation to the camera.

http://www.modojo.com/media/games/warioware_snapped/ds/2.jpg
(http://www.modojo.com/reviews/ds/warioware...d/20090406/830/)

Seeing as how this is the first game to include the DSi cameras they could have done alot worse, the ideas for aligning is good it could just use a little more work.

Extra Notes:

WarioWare: Snapped is probably the least portible game out there. I find it next to impossible to even play the game in my lap. If you want to be able to play with a good experience then I suggest playing at your computer desk during the day time. Also if you close the lid of the DSi at any time (including the menu) it will give you this message: "The Nintendo DSi was closed and the game was reset." and all it gives you is the option to hit "OK". This game costs 500 DSi points on the DSiShop.

Overall:

This game is a nice fun game to play at home in front of your desk. This games seems more like a demo than an actual game with only 5 mini games per characters (with 4 characters that's 20 total, and that's only if you have a second person to play Kat & Ana's ride). This game is fun, all wario ware games are, but it's sometimes a little frustrating and it seems like it's over too fast. Is it worth the 500 DSi Points? I would have to say yes and no. Part of me wants to say no because of the fact that it's so short, it's hard to play with, and it's not portible. But another part of me wants to say yes because it's a popular 1st party game, and it's the first game that really uses the camera to play games. Now this section will now lead me to the next which is the...

Rating:

3.5 out of 5

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow i didnt know it was that short. Thanks for the review ill rethink if its worth the 500 points then.
unsure.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
Can you make a review on the new Mario vs DK game?

If and when I get the money, then yes. Sorry but I was kind of trying to get a community review topic going, not just a "Hey look at all my reviews for the DSiWare" topic. Because if you get a community reviews topic going, one there's more reviews, and two there's less multiple topics that all have reviews for just one game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty I never tried going online with a modded game