Hacking Dsiware quesions

Tinybear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on doing the Dsiware downgrade with my o3ds(hacked) -> n3ds but I had some questions,
  1. The source 3ds(hacked) is a problem with it, where it doesn't play dsi games, an example of this is
  2. am I still able to do the Dsiware downgrade because of this?
  3. Both 3ds's are on 11.0 will this be a problem, and should I update? I will use htpwn to complete the system transfer.
  4. I would like to keep the all of the target n3ds's data, is this possible? I was thinking about transferring the data to a blank emunand then transferring back, but I wouldn't know how to do that.
  5. If number 4 doesn't work, could I buy a n3ds w/ an old firmware from the store, install a9lh, transfer the unhacked n3ds to it, install the hacked save and transfer back, etc. and eventually return it to the store.

Any Help is appreciated

Last edited by Tinybear,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Does the O3DS have a9lh? If not, install it and that will probably fix your DSiWare problem. If it does, then check the troubleshooting section of Plailect's guide to fix it. It's not a big deal if it doesn't work but you can't check you installed the hacked save successfully. And if you didn't, then you will have wasted a lot of time.
The source system will need to be on 11.2 but the target can use httpwn. Not 100% sure but you can always try httpwn on both and see if it works.
Not possible to keep the target console's data, as you have to format to do a system transfer. If you want to keep the target console's data then you need to do a hardmod downgrade.
You could do as you suggested but remember that there's a seven day wait between transfers, so you'd want to check on store policy for returns. After you transfer the target to the spare, you'll have to wait seven days before you can transfer back. And also the time spent hacking it to start with.

Reactions: Tinybear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1