DSiWare Injection Help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jroncalli, May 27, 2017.

1. jroncalli
    OP

jroncalli Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    So i am following the guide on 3ds.guide to mod an old 3ds using them DSiWare method. The 3ds is on the newest 11.4 firmware so I know I will need a second 3ds that is modded. So, i had an second 3ds laying around, I modded it , have luma3ds installed with boot9strap. I have the required game needed for the injection already on the source 3ds. It has no NNID associated with it. The target 3ds is the one I really care about, it has downloaded eshop Pokémon games. It has an NNID associated with it.

My question is, is it possible to perform this process, and save all of the progress made with my downloaded eshop Pokémon games on the target 3ds. I know i will have to end up wiping it to remove the NNID , and system transfer, how do or can i save the Pokémon data.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You would need to get homebrew on it, before any transfer (currently possible only on N3DS) and use a .3dsx save manager

---

or use a hardmod instead (then you can backup nand+sd, and actually you wouldn't need to factory reset at all)

Last edited by Ryccardo, May 27, 2017
    jroncalli likes this.
  3. jroncalli
    OP

jroncalli Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    So if I went the hardmod route, and wanted to update the size of the sd card afterwards, can i copy the contents of existing sd card to a larger one?