Homebrew DSiWare Downgrade question

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide, up to the "Flash 10.4" step.

dgTools said "Done" on that step with 0 errors, but when I went to System Settings it still said I was on 11.1.

I don't know whether to continue the guide or to try the downgrade again.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot_20161012-165538.jpg

Taken from Plailects Guide. You should be fine.

Reactions: Giodude

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, noticed that after I posted. That's what happens when I literally go line by line and don't think to check ahead.

Bad habit.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I performed the 9.2 downgrade, and am trying to get into the HBL to run Decrypt9, but now that I'm on 9.2 I can't open the HBL with Steelhax anymore. I just get "error has occurred".

I know he stated it could take many tries to open Decrypt9, but I can't even get that far.

I do have OoT, and the CFW 2DS. So could I just use OotHax installer and target New/9.2, or do I really need steelhax?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I performed the 9.2 downgrade, and am trying to get into the HBL to run Decrypt9, but now that I'm on 9.2 I can't open the HBL with Steelhax anymore. I just get "error has occurred".

I know he stated it could take many tries to open Decrypt9, but I can't even get that far.

I do have OoT, and the CFW 2DS. So could I just use OotHax installer and target New/9.2, or do I really need steelhax?
You likely have a broken payload. Try browserhax, the nag doesn't exist on 9.2 iirc. Failing that, do oot3dhax.
Also, you said you were on a new 3DS? You shouldn't be trying to get into Decrypt9.
Screenshot_20161013-083342.jpg

n3DS can install A9LH without the OTP now.

Reactions: Hunter111

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You likely have a broken payload. Try browserhax, the nag doesn't exist on 9.2 iirc. Failing that, do oot3dhax.
Also, you said you were on a new 3DS? You shouldn't be trying to get into Decrypt9.
View attachment 65896
n3DS can install A9LH without the OTP now.
I used OoThax, installed a 9.2 payload on my cartridge through the CFW'd 2DS so OoThax would run on my 3DS. Also, I recall using Decrypt9 to make a quick back-up in case of failure. That's all I did with it. Got in, nothing went wrong. And since I don't want to format and start things again, I will probably not be doing this again (at least not with that system as source).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative