DSiWare Downgrade question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Reaga, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Reaga
    OP

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    I followed the guide, up to the "Flash 10.4" step.

dgTools said "Done" on that step with 0 errors, but when I went to System Settings it still said I was on 11.1.

I don't know whether to continue the guide or to try the downgrade again.

2. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Screenshot_20161012-165538.jpg
    Taken from Plailects Guide. You should be fine.

Giodude likes this.
  3. Reaga
    OP

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    yeah, noticed that after I posted. That's what happens when I literally go line by line and don't think to check ahead.

Bad habit.

4. Reaga
    OP

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    Ok, so I performed the 9.2 downgrade, and am trying to get into the HBL to run Decrypt9, but now that I'm on 9.2 I can't open the HBL with Steelhax anymore. I just get "error has occurred".

I know he stated it could take many tries to open Decrypt9, but I can't even get that far.

I do have OoT, and the CFW 2DS. So could I just use OotHax installer and target New/9.2, or do I really need steelhax?

5. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    You likely have a broken payload. Try browserhax, the nag doesn't exist on 9.2 iirc. Failing that, do oot3dhax.
    Also, you said you were on a new 3DS? You shouldn't be trying to get into Decrypt9.
    Screenshot_20161013-083342.jpg
    n3DS can install A9LH without the OTP now.

Hunter111 likes this.
  6. Reaga
    OP

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    I used OoThax, installed a 9.2 payload on my cartridge through the CFW'd 2DS so OoThax would run on my 3DS. Also, I recall using Decrypt9 to make a quick back-up in case of failure. That's all I did with it. Got in, nothing went wrong. And since I don't want to format and start things again, I will probably not be doing this again (at least not with that system as source).